Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet not attending High-End 2016
Sad 
Just got news from a source working for Devialet that they won't be attending at High End 2016 in Munich! So far there also won't be a new expert line product.
Don't know if they might be organizing a side event around that time - but I was quite shocked to hear they won't be at the biggest and most renown HiFi event.
Well what to say, if this is true at least I can invest at a companion unit without having a risk of that they introduce a new expert line.
And I bet they skip the major update as well.
And AIR 3.0.
Devialet Expert 200 (FW 7.1.3) / Magnepan 1.7i / Rel T5 / Foobar (WASAPI event 24bit) / AIR 3.0.1 public beta (best Air 3.x.x SQ by far)
(17-Feb-2016, 15:48)Cylob Wrote: And I bet they skip the major update as well.
And AIR 3.0.

I think that would be too much of a shame and really hurt their image. So there will be an update - the thing is how "major" it is Wink
(17-Feb-2016, 15:48)Cylob Wrote: ...AIR 3.0.

Now you're just teasing -- aren't you?
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
Major enough to not get noticed at Munich. Thus, money better spent elsewhere. May be another Sam Lab around the world.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Hope this is true.

My worst fear was that they would introduce a new expert line or hardware upgrade. Would not be nice for me as I bought a D200 just 2 weeks ago... Wink
(17-Feb-2016, 15:52)markush Wrote:
(17-Feb-2016, 15:48)Cylob Wrote: And I bet they skip the major update as well.
And AIR 3.0.

I think that would be too much of a shame and really hurt their image. So there will be an update - the thing is how "major" it is Wink

Their current handling of Air issues with existing customers leads me to believe they don't care about their image much at all.
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

(17-Feb-2016, 14:37)markush Wrote: Just got news from a source working for Devialet that they won't be attending at High End 2016 in Munich! So far there also won't be a new expert line product.
Don't know if they might be organizing a side event around that time - but I was quite shocked to hear they won't be at the biggest and most renown HiFi event.

They are attending the Sound & Vision, The Bristol Show next week.
Devialet 250 Firmware 10.1 SAM 100% (USB & AIR Ethernet) Wilson Audio Duette (MK1), REL S3, Innuos Zenith 2TB SSD, Roon, Audioquest Diamond & Chord Epic Reference. Qobuz & Tidal.
(18-Feb-2016, 20:08)k1282 Wrote: Hope this is true.

My worst fear was that they would introduce a new expert line or hardware upgrade. Would not be nice for me as I bought a D200 just 2 weeks ago... Wink

You bought the D200 just 2 weeks ago, SO you bought it afer the price cut introduced in around mid 2015. It is nice for you.