Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet not attending High-End 2016
It seems for me that Devialet has a lot of problems not only with their software development and the customer support, but increasingly also with their distribution.

I sounds like the typical history of a company, which is to quickly grown (most of them die the insolvency death or will bought from a bigger player - for Apple it would be a great and "cheap" investment).

So I think they have to focus on this and not trying to sell a new Expert line in 2016.
Formerly Devialet 220PRO CI, Magico A3, 2 Gold Phantoms, Dialog/Raspberry PI2 Digi+, ROON Rock NUC8i3, Bluesound Powernode 2i, B&W 607, Audirvana
Hi folks.

What I have been told just recently is that Devialet will not exhibit but instead the german importer ( Audio Components) and some people from the Devialet team will be in Munich.

Also I was told that some new things about the expert series will be released at that time. But I were not able to receive any further information about details....

In Dubio Pro Audio

Jan
So there is some news? hopefully not an updated Expert HW but just SW....
I can't give proof or evidence, but I have been told by someone who should know, that there is zero chance of a hardware change.

We can expect a firmware change, and it will probably just be dialog working with expert which means nothing to me Sad
Hope to see Spark app from Phantom work on Expert line as well finally.
(01-Mar-2016, 18:17)markush Wrote: Hope to see Spark app from Phantom work on Expert line as well finally.

I'm genuinely surprised anyone would want that.  Or Dialogue compatibility with Expert….  I guess I just don't get it, but if either of those are 'the stars of the show' in the upcoming release, it will be a huge disappointment from my POV.

Also, is it just me or do a lot of people on this forum at the moment 'know someone in the know' at Devialet…. Wink

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

I can only assume that, if they are not going to Munich, we can expect the firmware bump sooner!! I would rather they upgraded the iOS remote app than give us Spark on Experts (via Dialogue presumably). That would be much more useful to everybody (well almost everybody).
Devialet 220 Pro, TQ Black Mains & Ultra Black Speaker Cables, Naim Ovators S600, Sonore microRendu (Roon & HQP) with Uptone JS-2
TRNC (North Cyprus)
(01-Mar-2016, 18:47)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(01-Mar-2016, 18:17)markush Wrote: Hope to see Spark app from Phantom work on Expert line as well finally.

I'm genuinely surprised anyone would want that.  Or Dialogue compatibility with Expert….  I guess I just don't get it, but if either of those are 'the stars of the show' in the upcoming release, it will be a huge disappointment from my POV.

I agree 100%.
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

(01-Mar-2016, 18:47)Hifi_swlon Wrote:

Also, is it just me or do a lot of people on this forum at the moment 'know someone in the know' at Devialet…. Wink

I think dealers know a bit more than we do; I've heard a few "don't tell anyone but X will probably be coming soon" stories from dealers. As they're just rumours, I rarely pass them on.

I gather that Spark/Dialogue integration may be on the agenda, but - as that's underwhelming for most of us - there may well be more. Wouldn't be surprised to see UPNP integration too, but that's pure speculation on my part.
Devialet 1000 Pro. Martin Logan Montis, Michell Gyrodec, Melco N1ZH, Mutec MC3+ USB
And not to forget about room correction!