Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bristol Sound and Vision Show 2016
I notice that PMC / Bryston got the Clarity award for best sounding room.  I did have a quick listen in there while they were demonstrating the PMC 20 24's, and yes, they were getting a good sound in there.  Plus, PMC were actually playing some reasonably decent and challenging music.  Not like Wilson Benesch and there endless California Guitar trio.  Why do hifi manufactures play such dire music?  Irrespective of taste, I'd like to hear something that challenges all aspects of a system, vocals, cymbals, snare drums, big drums, horns etc.  But endless acoustic guitar in isolation?  Not good enough!

Did anyone try this by the way?  Most excellent!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rNNcMDZn2Qk
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Curiosity got the better of me and i watched it all the way through, wondering if it would get any better.....it didnt !!

at least you have found the answer to the worst cover version ever question Big Grin
Foobar2000/Win10 ~ Devialet 440Pro ~ Tannoy Precision 6.4 ~ Auralic Taurus Mk2 ~ Sennheiser HD700
The Missing Link Cryo Reference Mains Cables / The Chord Company Silver Plus USB / Townshend Isolda Bi-Wire Speaker Cables / Townshend Isolda DCT 300 Interconnects / Quadraspire Q4 EVO Rack

The Cotswolds England