Poll: What would you do while your Devialet is under repair
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Buy a new low-cost amp
12.90%
4 12.90%
Use Sonos Play (or equivalent)
25.81%
8 25.81%
Use Bluetooth speakers
3.23%
1 3.23%
But a new pair of active speakers
6.45%
2 6.45%
Buy a replacment amp and sell Devialet after repairment
0%
0 0%
Take a break and don't listen to music
51.61%
16 51.61%
Total 31 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What would you do while your Devialet is under repair
As my Le200 is on its way to France for repair, I'm longing (or itching) for some music fix. What would you guys suggest?
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

Email them daily telling them that you expect Air to be fixed when it returns!!!!!!!
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

Haha, yeah, I will certainly do, though mine is working 99% of the time well.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

Take a break.. reset your ears
Roon/tidal > Squeezebox touch  > Trinnov St2 or DIRAC (minidsp ddrc-22d) > Dual mono D premiers > Vivid Audio Giya G1 Spirits  ...fully treated  dedicated 6x8m room
Maybe try some reasonable headphones? I'm using an Audioquest dragonfly 1.2 and pretty old Grado SR80 at work, and no complaints here. In many ways I prefer the sound to my home setup. Whatever you do, your Devialet will sound a lot better after the break. Wink

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Not on the voting list: try a D400 loaned by your local dealer
Qobuz/Sonos/D200/GT1 SE (offered to my father, who enjoys it every day)
2 Phantom Reactor 600 and Spotify Premium
I agree, your dealer should fix you up with something whilst your Devialet is away.
Being an old bloke who doesn't sell much I have 6 DACs, 2 preamps, 6 monoblocs, one stereo power amp and 4 integrateds in reserve...
So if mine needed to be repaired I would be able to fix something up.
I also have a portable and headphones from when I was on an aeroplane every week.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

1. Go to dealer.
2. Identify most expensive amplifier in shop
3. Tell dealer you would like a home demo of said amplifier
4. Keep demo amp until Dev is fixed
5. Return expensive amplifier, telling dealer that you prefer your D200.

I haven't voted here, I am a bit like F1eng and have three integrated amps & one power amp in the house I could use, plus two surround amps if I was really desperate. Oddly enough, three of these old "hifi" amps are still in use, as power amps for a 7.1 surround set-up. (I have missed the point of this one box solution stuff somewhere) I tend not to sell stuff, just keep it and wire it up imaginatively. My old and much loved JBL speakers (with lovely 12" bass drivers) which were my main hifi speakers are now surround speakers, I just can't part with stuff. If I am lucky enough to live long enough, I'll have D800 powered KEF Blades as my rear surrounds.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
So, confused and fleng, I know who to contact when my 800 has to go to it's maker in France for the loan of a bit of kit Smile
Cheers,
Bill.
Devialet 1000pro C1. Aurender N10 Wilson Benesch A.C.T. ONE Evolution P1 Naim headline Naim highcap Sennheiser HD 800 Naim Super Lumina speaker cable. Shunyata Delta EF mains cables. 2 PSI AVAA C20 active acoustic absorbers.
I've got a Creek CAS 4040 in the kitchen which I've had for nearly 30 years and a pair of Q acoustics 2020i speakers fed by a Sonos connect, with which I can play my low res files. So move the comfy chair out there and I'm sorted!
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England