Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Warm Sounding Cables for Devialet
I find that the Devialet integrated amps can sound a little "bright", especially with digital sources.

My dealer has recommended that I look at Crystal Cable or Transparent Audio for "warm" sounding cables.

What do you use or what would you recommend for S/PDIF coax (RCA) digital cables and for unbalanced (RCA) analog interconnects?
Why you suspect it's the Devialet? I think it exposes a different problem in your system/room. IMO it's not bright, it's honest and transparant.

Acoustics, loudspeaker placement
Loudspeakers
Source
Power quality
Cables

But sure go for an expensive cable band aid if you'd like! Wink
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
As Antoine wrote the Dev is by no means bright, but it's VERY transparent and therefor emphazises on every resonances that you throw at it. A brightness is nothing less than frequency-resonances delivering an out of (time) phase signal at this frequency. The cause of these out of phase signals can be multi. Best to begin is the powerLine/Cables.The right position of the powerphase (hotwire) of the IEC, if you look from behind your Dev, is the pin on the right side. Sure you got this right already. You didn't write anything belongs to power. So that is just my two thoughts on brightness.
Next comes the source and the cable connected from source to Dev and all the points Antoine mentioned.

Problem of the Dev is it's crystal clearness and if not accompanied the right way emphazises on every fault in the chain. Just expect the Dev being your magnifying glass on it. For us not being at your sight it's trial and error.

gui
"Oh, you can buy the other. But then it is a cost intensive learning process"
berlin
I've never found the Devialet bright, I actually replaced a Simaudio 600i integrated with th D200 because the Devialet's top end wasn't as aggressive with my Focals. Before the Simaudio, I replaced a Krell S-300i with 600i as the Krell was downright harsh!

Or maybe I've just had real bright amps compared to everyone else.
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

Then, maybe it's the ribbon tweeter on my ProAc Response D30R speakers?

However, before the Devialet 200, I had an EMM Labs Pre2 SE pre-amp and a Bryston 4B SST2 power amp (using the same sources) and never found it "bright" but now, on certain recordings (same CDs and FLAC music files), it sounds a little bright.
I've had good results with the Siltech Classic Anniversary 330L. Takes some of the edge off to produce very smooth and sweet highs without dulling them or changing the tonal balance.
I would echo I have not found the Devialet to be bright and this is from someone who hates bright. This is from someone who came from tube pre amps and amps and is very happy with his Devialet. This is from someone who tried the Acoustic Imagery Atsah amps and while there were qualities I really liked about them ( detail/speed ) I found them a tad bright or edgy.

So to the above points, it may be a number of factors including room acoustics.

p.s. just to be clear,  given you came from one set of equipment to another with the same speakers, I do not dispute what you hear in your system.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
In my case some room treatment made all the difference to me. I think this will have far more impact than cables.
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
I know many aren't into this (I wasn't until recently) but my suggestion is it would be worth measuring.

It only costs you the microphone (which you can always resell after if you don't need it), and free software like REW or a Dirac trial if you want to keep it really simple. At least you'll have a better idea what you're dealing with, and what effect changes are having, rather than it all be guesswork. It's a hell of a lot cheaper than expensive cables too.

I think the Devialets have far more 'pin sharp' resolving of treble. room Correction was the answer for me (and was probably the issue with all my previous gear by the Devisket really exposed it).

Devisket - haha - is that a new one?  Thanks iPad. Wink

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Must admit when changing from D Premier to 250 i was "down" for some time ,couldn't anderstand why the sound was so bright/tin ,but over time and use i would say the opposite today

My expression was that it needed time to "settle" in i remember, also believe it react on materials its placed on,i use and like soft footers with vibration controll,learn that from my Naim period,so soft footers are a smal and cheap contribution you can try out and just see if it helps

And for the cables, just restocked the arrangements with the boxes and had a brand new set of Avondale speaker cables lying around,so att the moment i use these ones and just try out for fun,better or worse than the Cubala ones ?
They sound different thats for sure,but will they open up after some time,miss some weight/authority that i had with Cubala at the moment ,but its interesting to test out since the price on cables today have gone mad
Roon Nuceleus + Core/Tidal > Rood Ready wired ethernet > Keces P8 LPS > EtherRegan switch > D250 PRO > Sonus Faber Cremona M
Nordost Frey 2 Power cable - Blue Jeans Speaker Cables - Audioquest Diamond and Supra cat8 ethernet cables
Other: Ipad air with ROON Control / Pro Ject ground base - ISO Acoustics Orea - Herbie Tenderfoots 
"and those who were seen dancing were thougt to be insane by those who could not hear the music"

"and those who were seen dancing were thougt to be insane by those who could not hear the music"