Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Warm Sounding Cables for Devialet
(27-Feb-2016, 11:31)Petter Wrote: My expression was that it needed time to burn in i remember,i also believe it react on materials its placed on,i use like soft footers with vibration controll,learn that from my Naim period,so soft footers are a smal and cheap contribution you can try out and just see

Burning in is one thing. But having 200h or more on the clock it's done.
The softer the material is you put the Dev on the more it will contribute to the sound but you will definitely loose transparency if you go the soft way. If you want to have a more precise/transparent performance you have to use hard materials (spikes, carbon etc.) to link up the Dev to the base and your room.

An other point is to begin your enhancements as far as you can at the source (front). Fuse - Powerline - Powerstrip - Powercable(source) - Puks (feet) Source - and then the interconnect Source-Dev - etc. Doing so you surely get rid of the harsh in your system.

gui
"Oh, you can buy the other. But then it is a cost intensive learning process"
berlin
(26-Feb-2016, 23:00)samurai7595 Wrote: Then, maybe it's the ribbon tweeter on my ProAc Response D30R speakers?

However, before the Devialet 200, I had an EMM Labs Pre2 SE pre-amp and a Bryston 4B SST2 power amp (using the same sources) and never found it "bright" but now, on certain recordings (same CDs and FLAC music files), it sounds a little bright.

My ProAc Response D20Rs use the same ribbon tweeter and they never sound bright or harsh, in fact, on some tracks I give the treble a boost of 2 dB. So I doubt whether it's the ribbons that are causing your problems.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(26-Feb-2016, 19:54)samurai7595 Wrote: What do you use or what would you recommend for S/PDIF coax (RCA) digital cables and for unbalanced (RCA) analog interconnects?

S/PDIF coax (RCA) digital cables - Van den Hul The FIRST Ultimate, great coax for its price!

The same for analog interconnects.
(26-Feb-2016, 19:54)samurai7595 Wrote: I find that the Devialet integrated amps can sound a little "bright", especially with digital sources.

Try KONDO SPc loudspeaker cable for adding a bit of warmth and analog sound.

AVOID silver cables!