Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
200 review in 6Moons
(27-May-2016, 00:29)Pim van Vliet Wrote:
(27-May-2016, 00:21)Flashman Wrote:
(27-May-2016, 00:11)Pim van Vliet Wrote: No idea what this means but there was always going to be a follow up review done by Peter Familari.  It's been in the 'coming up from these writers' section ever since the Darko review. It's not there anymore and there's nothing in the current review list either. Hmm...

So let's do a bit of speculating Smile

Devialet has indeed made a new and improved piece of hardware and Peter has the first one in for review. So there's no need for a review of the old 200 and he will be the first to have a review ready just after the launch of the new product. That's one brilliant piece of marketing. Come to think of it, it is so brilliant that I don't think Devialet's marketing department is smart enough to think of it. They should hire me!

Sadly, Peter fell ill and could not complete the review.  Not sure whether they will find someone to step in and do it.

That is sad news indeed.  Sad  I hope he will be alright.
From the Six Moons website letters and feedback:

Hi Srajan
I noticed today that the upcoming second-part review of the Devialet 200 by Peter Familari has disappeared from your queue. Is that just a website quirk? I am quite looking forward to the review.
All best,
Michael Fanning

Peter has been diagnosed with a serious form of chronic fatigue syndrome which, until cured, prevents him from reviewing so all his assignments have been cancelled. Sorry for that.
Srajan
Devialet Expert 220 Pro Kinki EX-M7 power amp tethered to a fiber-fed Lumin X1 streamer via Grimm XLRs, Vivid B1 Decade speakers in Rosso Barchetta red (only 200 produced in a limited edition), Roon Nucleus with a Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD, etherREGEN switch fed by a Sonore opticalModule (and Sonore-supplied transceivers and 1M optical cable) with a SOtM dCBL-Cat7 cable to my Nucleus and a DH Labs Reunion Cat8 to my Lumin T2 streamer, Keces P8 linear power supply feeding a (to come) NUC and EtherREGEN switch with an external AfterDark OCXO clock., and opticalModule (5V/1A), AudioQuest Niagara 1000 power conditioner, ASI LiveLine loom (purchased directly from Franck Tchang when I lived in France), Less Loss Firewall for Speakers and Roon lifetime license with Tidal streaming.
Sorry to hear this. I was looking forward to it and hope he recovers quickly.
(05-Jun-2016, 04:32)jccox Wrote: Sorry to hear this. I was looking forward to it and hope he recovers quickly.

+1
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(27-Feb-2016, 01:24)Pim van Vliet Wrote: Interesting that the LessLoss DFCP Original cable made the D200 sound worse where the LessLoss DFCP Reference made a 'huge' difference to the D-Premier in Marja & Henk's review.

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews2/lessloss/4.html

I gotta say i agree with this though..  I have tried a Less Loss DFPC Original and it does make my D200 worse.
Treble becomes brittle and there is a certain shoutiness in the upper mids.

I much prefer my basic Furutech Fp 314-Ag power cables to the Less Loss on my D200.

Perhaps there is a large difference between the Original and Reference in the skin affect..

Other than that... i never like 6 Moons reviews...
Almost as if they are trying to "write" (and doing a poor job) rather than present a review...

my 2 cents... probably all it's worth...
(28-Feb-2016, 23:59)Flashman Wrote: [url=http://www.digitalaudioreview.net/2016/02/futureshocked-by-the-devialet-phantom-part-2/][/url]

That's the way I heard it with the LS50. However, not sure how you read my words (quoted below) as categorically stated position on SAM?

"This commentator's favoured sweet spot arrived at a very precise 57%. Even with the same speakers, yours might be different. With different speakers, it's a different deal all over again. Devialet paves the way for each to find their own."
(28-Feb-2016, 14:33)samurai7595 Wrote: What an absolutely useless review.  It's badly written and does not read as an actual review.  

I hope the reviewer wasn't paid a lot of money to write this garbage...

I can't force anyone to like my writing style but "badly written"?

I'm curious though: how should an "actual review" read?
Hello Mr Darko!  You look a little defensive today?

Anyway, I would say that it is good to see an experienced reviewer on the pages of this happy forum.  Welcome!  Shy   For me, I would be happy if you checked in from time to time and offered your experience and wisdom!
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(14-Jun-2016, 13:52)Confused Wrote: I would say that it is good to see an experienced reviewer on the pages of this happy forum.  Welcome!  Shy   For me, I would be happy if you checked in from time to time and offered your experience and wisdom!

+1 and a very warm welcome from me too  Smile

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
+1.

Perhaps a review of the Expert Pro line soon?
(14-Jun-2016, 13:52)Confused Wrote: Hello Mr Darko!  You look a little defensive today?

Ha! Kinda. Stylistic appeal aside, reviews are a two-way street. They rely on the reader's comprehension skills as much the author's penmanship. 6moons is one of the wordier sites, yes and perhaps asks more of the reader than other publications (including my own DAR). As publisher Srajan Ebaen says, 6moons is for people who like to read.

I certainly offered no categorical stance on SAM. Having only tried SAM with one speaker, I thought my comments reflected as much.

Zooming out, my focus with the 200 review - as I think is obvious - was  to compare 200 + LS50 to a pair of Phantom. It's something I thought no other reviewer had tackled thus and, owning all the ingredients, I was able to deal.

Thanks for the warm welcome though. Smile