Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mono playback on Devialet
I'm reading some great reviews on the Beatles Mono releases, however I only have stereo cartridge.
Any way the devialet can be configured for mono vinyl playback?
audioguru
Devialet 400 ,Magico S3, Aurender N100, Mac Mini + Amarra + Geekperfect, Vpi Avenger with 3D Arm, ortofon cadenza bronze, Ortofon Royal Spu Nude,
Sonos.
I'm wondering about this too. In the configurator there is an option for mono in the phono section and the speaker section. I think you could have a config file with the mono setting in the phono section that would work with stereo cartridges.

It would be nice if you could assign a button on the remote to select mono and stereo.
If you play a mono LP with a stereo cartridge the output will be mono without you doing anything. It was obviously important when stereo first came out that there was compatibility with the existing mono records so the stereo cartridge system was made such that the sum output is the horizontal modulation and the difference vertical. Mono LPs therefore play perfectly well in mono with a stereo cartridge. Mono cartridges should have less distortion than stereo though, so if you listen to a lot of mono LPs it may be worth buying a mono cartridge, but beware it will damage stereo LPs so don't forget to change back before playing stereo LPs...
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire