Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bryston BDP-1USB
http://www.soundstagenetwork.com/index.p...Itemid=121

In case the link doesn't work:

Bryston has announced the release of the BDP-1USB digital music player, which is priced $1795 in the United States. The BDP-1USB looks almost identical to and borrows most of its technology from the company’s flagship BDP-2 player, but is designed to work with USB DACs.
Is anyone using the Bryston? It seems like a very attractive solution.
(08-Feb-2015, 14:20)AaronG Wrote: Is anyone using the Bryston? It seems like a very attractive solution.

I am using Bryston BDP-1 (the original version that has the same sound card as the BDP-2)
via an AES/EBU cable and find that it is an excellent source.
D400; Stereolab Tombo Tron coaxial for master -> slave; Kubala-Sosna Elation interconnects, power, and speaker cables; Spendor D7 speakers; Bryston BDP-2 w. latest sound card & upgraded fuses; Bybee Stealth Power Purifier conditioner connected with IsoTek EVO3 Syncro SE to wall socket
(09-Feb-2015, 22:29)miro Wrote:
(08-Feb-2015, 14:20)AaronG Wrote: Is anyone using the Bryston? It seems like a very attractive solution.

I am using Bryston BDP-1 (the original version that has the same sound card as the BDP-2)

Have you ever done a direct comparison with AIR Ethernet?
Thanks! I'm also curious how it sounds in comparison to AIR and how you find the interface.
SYSTEM 1:Grimm MU-1 running Roon Server & Ready//Grimm TPM//GRIMM LS1be
SYSTEM 2: Antipodes DX Roon Server// MiniDSP// Grimm TPM// Dutch & Dutch 8C

(10-Feb-2015, 09:43)Confused Wrote:
(09-Feb-2015, 22:29)miro Wrote:

Have you ever done a direct comparison with AIR Ethernet?

I have not, and am too busy to set up also a computer for streaming at the moment
D400; Stereolab Tombo Tron coaxial for master -> slave; Kubala-Sosna Elation interconnects, power, and speaker cables; Spendor D7 speakers; Bryston BDP-2 w. latest sound card & upgraded fuses; Bybee Stealth Power Purifier conditioner connected with IsoTek EVO3 Syncro SE to wall socket