Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
iFi Micro iUSB3.0
Stumbled across this product on the iFi site.

http://ifi-audio.com/portfolio-view/micro-iusb3-0/

Does anyone have any experience with it? If so, how significant was the impact on SQ?
Kii Three Speakers | JL Audio Fathom Subwoofer  | KEF LS50 Speakers | Samsung 850 Soundbar
Innuos Statement | Trinnov Altitude 32 | PS Audio Stellar S300 Amp | T+A HA 200 Headphone Amplifier | Meze Empyrean Headphones
Sean Jacobs DC-3 Custom Build LPS | Roon Core DIY Server | SOtM sNH-10G Modded Switch | Oppo UDP-205 Blu-Ray/SACD Player
T+A G 2000 R Turntable | DS Audio E1 Optical Stylus | Gordian Lab 12 Power Conditioner | Artesania Audio Rack
It's from the same class of devices like the Uptone Audio Regen, Schiit Wyrd and Wyred4Sound Recovery USB.

For about the same (although you'll need an extra short USB cable with the Intona) I'd go for the Intona USB Isolator, it'll be much, much more effective. It's made in Germany, where you seem to be from. Smile http://intona.eu/de/products

My €0.02. YMMV etc. etc. Smile
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(03-Mar-2016, 16:39)Antoine Wrote: It's from the same class of devices like the Uptone Audio Regen, Schiit Wyrd and Wyred4Sound Recovery USB.

For about the same (although you'll need an extra short USB cable with the Intona) I'd go for the Intona USB Isolator, it'll be much, much more effective. It's made in Germany, where you seem to be from. Smile http://intona.eu/de/products

My €0.02. YMMV etc. etc. Smile

Thanks, and you are utilizing Curious cable with the Itona?

I realize one should not judge a book by its cover but I hope the Itona sounds better than it looks...
Kii Three Speakers | JL Audio Fathom Subwoofer  | KEF LS50 Speakers | Samsung 850 Soundbar
Innuos Statement | Trinnov Altitude 32 | PS Audio Stellar S300 Amp | T+A HA 200 Headphone Amplifier | Meze Empyrean Headphones
Sean Jacobs DC-3 Custom Build LPS | Roon Core DIY Server | SOtM sNH-10G Modded Switch | Oppo UDP-205 Blu-Ray/SACD Player
T+A G 2000 R Turntable | DS Audio E1 Optical Stylus | Gordian Lab 12 Power Conditioner | Artesania Audio Rack
Haha, yes the Intona is "butt ugly", but effective. Smile Since it's used between a source and the Devialet I think in most cases it will be out of sight. It was here, at least.

I still have the Intona (the industrial version) but I'm currently not using it. I'm using the Mutec MC-3+ USB now (USB in, AES/EBU out into the D250) which is the absolute best I've tried (another device from Germany Smile), though I am planning to try and test the Intona in front of it later. My Intona needs a firmware update first to become compatible with the Mutec and I have to send it back to Germany for that. Will do so in a few weeks.

If you're interested for more info I'm discussing the Intona and Mutec in the last pages of "my" topic. (link in my signature) Also much more information can be found on the Internet of course. And yes, I indeed used the Curious USB cables with it, one short 0.2m one called the 'Regen link' and a longer 0.8m.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(03-Mar-2016, 17:09)Antoine Wrote: Haha, yes the Intona is "butt ugly", but effective. Smile Since it's used between a source and the Devialet I think in most cases it will be out of sight. It was here, at least.

I still have the Intona (the industrial version) but I'm currently not using it. I'm using the Mutec MC-3+ USB now (USB in, AES/EBU out into the D250) which is the absolute best I've tried (another device from Germany Smile), though I am planning to try and test the Intona in front of it later. My Intona needs a firmware update first to become compatible with the Mutec and I have to send it back to Germany for that. Will do so in a few weeks.

If you're interested for more info I'm discussing the Intona and Mutec in the last pages of "my" topic. (link in my signature) Also much more information can be found on the Internet of course. And yes, I indeed used the Curious USB cables with it, one short 0.2m one called the 'Regen link' and a longer 0.8m.

Antoine, did you have any issue using the Intona direct to the Devialet - like when the Devialet gets power or input cycled?

I see on their website they're saying they have a fix for the current models which makes them 99% likely to work with devices, so I assume it should be OK anyway…

The Intona seems like it might be worth a try for my next phase of self-enlightenment, and is also about the cheapest...

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Hi Hifi_swlon, nope, none of those issues. I was even able to disconnect and reconnect USB cables without restarting PC or Devialet.

Mine is from early January so runs an early firmware version and doesn't work with the Regen (sold it) and Mutec. Both issues have been solved through updated firmware. Another issue I ran into was crackles with the Curious cables, after swapping the locations of the long and short ones in the chain this was solved. I in part blame the Curious cables for this. (Wrote it down in more detail here: http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f6-dac...post504896)

Lots of interesting info from the source here: http://intona.eu/de/answer/popular

The Netherlands
(03-Mar-2016, 18:15)Antoine Wrote: Lots of interesting info from the source here: http://intona.eu/de/answer/popular

Thanks Antoine will check out the CA link. I was right in the middle of that very FAQ too! Wink

Since you sold the Regen, I can only assume you felt the Intona was better? (That would be good for me as the Regen didn't have an effect I could hear)

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Yes, the Intona completely smokes the Regen, IMO. But don't just trust me on it, there's many similar reports. Some feel Regen and Intona together worked well as well but like I said I have not been able to test this myself.

My notes on the Intona here: http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?t...5#pid33575
The bass issue I described got solved later, see two posts down below the one I linked to. Smile

The Netherlands
Thanks Antoine. Well, this might just be my next experiment while I wait for other things to come to fruition….

(03-Mar-2016, 18:41)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Thanks Antoine.  Well, this might just be my next experiment while I wait for other things to come to fruition….

Also thanks from my side for the redirect and another addition to my wishlist. (Mutec)