Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Linear PSU for NAS
Hi everyone,

I use a QNAP HS251+ NAS connected to my D400 by USB and was wondering whether it would benefit from a linear psu? Which models are available?
Also I have been reading about the various re-clockers and galvanic isolators. I don't want to have a Mutec on my rack (too many lights!) so what would give me the best step up in sound quality and give me best bang for my buck? 

Thanks and best regards to you all,

Alex.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
Take a look at Intona USB isolator, there is a lot about this on Computer audiophile forum.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

(05-Mar-2016, 05:05)Axel Wrote: I don't want to have a Mutec on my rack (too many lights!) so what would give me the best step up in sound quality and give me best bang for my buck? 

Hi Axel,
If you do not want a Christmas tree (like the Mutec) inside your rack, you can try this one : http://www.artistic-fidelity.de/index.php/de/afis. It comes in two versions : one large (AFIS = 4 inputs) and expensive (1'950 EUR) and one small (AFI = 1 USB input) at a smaller price (1'170 EUR). Those prices include EU VAT.

*progear, who is a sound professional (works for a recording studio), owns a Mutec MC-3+USB, called it a game changer (http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f6-dac...post514038 and http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f6-dac...post514134).

I never had the opportunity to listen to it yet, so I do not have any personal opinion on it.
Thanks for your input, guys. I think I'll try the Intonation industrial version.  
Now, what about a linear PSU for my NAS? Are there any SQ enhancements to be gained?
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(05-Mar-2016, 13:51)Axel Wrote: Thanks for your input, guys. I think I'll try the Intonation industrial version.  
Now, what about a linear PSU for my NAS? Are there any SQ enhancements to be gained?

Just FYI, Antoine's system thread has info about Mutec and Intona, and he also says the lights on the Mutec can be turned off with a button press....

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(05-Mar-2016, 14:08)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(05-Mar-2016, 13:51)Axel Wrote: Thanks for your input, guys. I think I'll try the Intonation industrial version.  

Just FYI, Antoine's system thread has info about Mutec and Intona, and he also says the lights on the Mutec can be turned off with a button press....

Thank you. I'll have a read.
South Coast England