Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Web Radio app
Hi,

Waiting for Devialet to update Spark with WebRadio support, I just created a small Mac OS app that allows me to stream directly my favorite web radios to Phantom.

The idea is pretty simple : when you open the app, it creates a web server listening to ports 80 and 4040 on your mac, and redirecting requests received on these ports to the selected URL. Then, when you select a local track in Spark, Phantom or Dialog will try to get the stream from Spark but they will instead be redirected by the app to the stream URL entered in the app.

[Image: y3mV5zEEP9AXMzGHy1hPCNybwWHEH1cT9hstj7d5...pmode=none]

Here is a link to download it if you're interested : http://1drv.ms/1RN1NTr

Small User Manual :
- Close Spark before launching the app.
- Launch the app. Note : it asks you for your password, because it needs to be a privileged app to access the port 80
- Enter an URL or select one of the bookmarks (sorry guys, I put my own radio streams here)
- Launch Spark, play any local track (ie track located on your computer, to force Phantom to connect to your instance of Spark) : your stream will be played instead
- To change stream, enter another URL in the app (or click on one of the bookmarks), then, in Spark, click on another local track.

Note : I created it yesterday in a couple of hours just to simplify my life, so don't expect something professional here. But as it's a web app created with http://electron.atom.io/, all sources are in the app itself and directly editable, so feel free to edit it Smile
I use an app called RADIO.NET. Used to be called rad.io
Then i just Bluetooth it to my preamp which is connected optically to my phantom.
Synology DS215 NAS (2x WD RED 1Tb) > Virgin Superhub 3 > HP Pavilion X360 laptop > Phantom Reactor 600 > JRiver MC25 > JRemote > A&K AK70mkii DAP > Supra Cat8 Ethernet cable > Sony WH-1000XM4 > jar of cream v2
(05-Mar-2016, 06:56)0l1v1er Wrote: Hi,

Waiting for Devialet to update Spark with WebRadio support, I just created a small Mac OS app that allows me to stream directly my favorite web radios to Phantom.

The idea is pretty simple : when you open the app, it creates a web server listening to ports 80 and 4040 on your mac, and redirecting requests received on these ports to the selected URL. Then, when you select a local track in Spark, Phantom or Dialog will try to get the stream from Spark but they will instead be redirected by the app to the stream URL entered in the app.

[Image: y3mV5zEEP9AXMzGHy1hPCNybwWHEH1cT9hstj7d5...pmode=none]

Here is a link to download it if you're interested : http://1drv.ms/1RN1NTr

Small User Manual :
- Close Spark before launching the app.
- Launch the app. Note : it asks you for your password, because it needs to be a privileged app to access the port 80
- Enter an URL or select one of the bookmarks (sorry guys, I put my own radio streams here)
- Launch Spark, play any local track (ie track located on your computer, to force Phantom to connect to your instance of Spark) : your stream will be played instead
- To change stream, enter another URL in the app (or click on one of the bookmarks), then, in Spark, click on another local track.

Note : I created it yesterday in a couple of hours just to simplify my life, so don't expect something professional here. But as it's a web app created with http://electron.atom.io/, all sources are in the app itself and directly editable, so feel free to edit it Smile

Very nice work! 
Is it possible to port the app to Android or Windows?
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
This is great. But as its a web radio stream with content of questionable quality...wouldn't it be easier to just bluetooth (*insert sound of audiophiles twitching*) your web radio stream into the system?
Or just use Spotify

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Forget about the actual feature. My goal wasn't really to create a web radio app actually, but more to explore the Phantom's SW Architecture and to understand if we could by some way bypass Spark and inject arbitrary audio stream in the system.

That small app is just a proof of concept of this idea. It uses webradio streams as an example, but you can virtually inject *any* kind of audio streams (in the limit of Phantom's supported audio format) in the system, just as Spark is doing, and without going BT and transcoding.
Ah ok I understand now. Good work!
I believe another guy on this forum achieved something similar with VLC Media Player and streaming content.
Could you tell me please, is it possible via android or windows?
Great ! It works perfectly.
I've changed the bookmarks with my favorite webradios !

Thanks a lot.

ps : to change bookmarks -, edit these files
/Applications/PhantomStream.app/Contents/PhantomStream.app/Contents/Resources/app/js/phantomstream.js
end
/Applications/PhantomStream.app/Contents/PhantomStream.app/Contents/Resources/app/index.html
Don't forget to add the logo (.png file) in this directory /Applications/PhantomStream.app/Contents/PhantomStream.app/Contents/Resources/app/img
(06-Mar-2016, 15:46)jmvandamme Wrote: Great ! It works perfectly.

Thanks a lot.

/Applications/PhantomStream.app/Contents/PhantomStream.app/Contents/Resources/app/js/phantomstream.js
end
/Applications/PhantomStream.app/Contents/PhantomStream.app/Contents/Resources/app/index.html
Don't forget to add the logo (.png file) in this directory /Applications/PhantomStream.app/Contents/PhantomStream.app/Contents/Resources/app/img

Glad it works for you too, and that you seems able to adapt the app to your needs Smile
(06-Mar-2016, 16:38)0l1v1er Wrote:
(06-Mar-2016, 15:46)jmvandamme Wrote: Great ! It works perfectly.

Thanks a lot.

end

Glad it works for you too, and that you seems able to adapt the app to your needs Smile

My version. 

Do you think it's possible to code a http proxy in this app to restream the original radio stream to phantom and avoid any change of title in Spark ?