Poll: Do you think new expert line will be released this year?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
10.71%
6 10.71%
No
89.29%
50 89.29%
Total 56 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will there be a new expert line anytime soon?
Is there a new expert line in the pipeline?
If so, are there rumors what the new line should bring us?
Why? The hardware is fine. They should fix AIR.
Devialet 250 FW 9.0.1 SOLD
Replaced with Naim NSC222 and NAP250 NC

Atohm GT SE1, REL stereo Subwoofers. Atacama stands filled with atabites. Granite speaker stand plinths. Mogami speaker cables, Music Works heavy duty power cable.
Quadraspire 'toilet seat' acrylic rack
Sources:
1. Mac Mini 2021 M1
- Qobuz/Audirvana Studio/ Audirvana app on iPad (Via Mac mini)
2. Vertere DG-1 with Magneto upgraded to fine line stylus

How long is this pipeline? I would say it's very nearly a certainty that there will be a new Expert range, the question is when?

Edit. Ah, just noticed the words "this year" in the poll header, I guess this answers my question.....
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
One thing I could see happening sooner rather than later, is some kind of trickle down from the Original d'Atelier. This year? A little less than evens chance I would say. I have no actual hard information here, pure speculation.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
I suspect Devialet's attention will be on getting ADH into televisions and cars and computers and getting ADH and SAM into cars. Even if the founders are not hugely focussed on making real money you can bet the angel investors are.

And they are not going to make much out of a new Expert range when the existing range is still most probably the market leader with no widely agreed shortcomings that they could not fix in the existing Expert line. Maybe a mini Expert; maybe a mini Phantom. Maybe an Od'A trickle down to the existing 800.
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
There'll be no new expert line this year. Devialet will be dong all they can to turn a profit from their current line.
No way to make a new Expert this year and let their LImited Edition become an old model so soon. You know its slogan for the coming, if any, Expert will be The new Expert, the best sounding in the whole universe.
(07-Mar-2016, 22:04)DelaneyB Wrote: Why? The hardware is fine. They should fix AIR.

Well, there's always room for improvement. I remember few members mentioned some hiss in the past.
Anyhow, I was just curious. Thanks.
(08-Mar-2016, 12:51)G51 Wrote: No way to make a new Expert this year and let their LImited Edition become an old model so soon. You know its slogan for the coming, if any, Expert will be The new Expert, the best sounding in the whole universe.

But you never know what the  French are thinking in their heads.
It costs millions to develop new systems; the whole point of the expert line is that the EVO platform allows for significant software improvements.

Seems inconceivable to me that they would spent effort designing a new expert range.
Devialet 1000 Pro. Martin Logan Montis, Michell Gyrodec, Melco N1ZH, Mutec MC3+ USB