Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Intona high speed USB galvanic isolator
(21-May-2016, 14:48)Antoine Wrote:
(20-May-2016, 02:37)Axel Wrote:
(19-May-2016, 22:42)Antoine Wrote: Don't have mine anymore but just sharing; Audiostream review of the Intona:

http://www.audiostream.com/content/inton...d-isolator

No, that's because I've got it! Hi Antoine! Thanks for posting this as it reinforces the benefits that I've heard. The first thing I noticed was the widening and deepening of the soundstage and it sounded as if another veil had been lifted from the music. I must admit that I've been using a cheapo cable on the output of the Intona, but I'm going to upgrade this with a 20cm cable from Curious. Are there any other makes you can recommend?

Cheers!

Alex.

Hi Alex, I know you do and glad to see you're enjoying the Intona! Smile

Sorry, the thing I dislike most in this hobby is comparing and shopping for cables. I tend to go for cables that are popular and have some consensus of being good. That's how I got the Curious and the TotalDAC D1 before it. I like the Curious cables more in my system, they seem to have less of a character of their own than the TotalDAC which tended to be a bit 'dark'/less transparant although some people even consider the Curious to be warm sounding. It's all terribly subjective and system dependant so YMMV but there are lots of USB cable shootouts on the Internet if you need some 'inspiration'. Smile

Thanks Antoine.  I'll have a nose round and see what I can dig up. 
Best regards.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
If you have a dac that has a galvanicly isolated USB input will the Intona make any difference or does it have no effect?
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

(08-Mar-2016, 00:26)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Not wishing to clutter poor Antoine's system thread further, I thought I'd start a fresh thread for the Intona.

Well, it arrived. Very fast shipping - ordered late Thursday night, was shipped from Germany at 9am Friday and had it plugged in this evening (Monday). It's as light as a feather, very plain, and, er, ain't no prettier in the flesh - but as Daniel at Intona very understandingly said 'it's what's in the box that counts'.

Well, does it improve my system's sound?

Simply put, No. 

Try this instead: http://www.boots.com/en/Acu-Life-Ear-Cleanser_1500129/

Tongue
+1 to jmorell's input. Smile Not gonna make any difference.
That ear cleanser is a choice too, though Smile)
(10-Nov-2016, 11:38)Dumitru Ivanov Wrote: +1 to jmorell's input. Smile Not gonna make any difference.
That ear cleanser is a choice too, though Smile)

Welcome to Devialet Chat, Dumitru.
 Have you tried the Intona? I found worthwhile benefits when I used one in my system. I only sold it when the Mutec MC-3+USB made it redundant, although I think there is at least one  forum member who uses the Intona and Mutec in series.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
This one helps German listeners :

(Really serious before our OdA D1000pro blind test it was for all participants mandatory to use:

https://www.shop-apotheke.com/arzneimitt...pritze.htm
Bricasti M1 SE DAC -> Pass labs XP30 & XP25 phono -> Bryston B28sst2 -> Sonus Faber Amati Futura  -> JRiver MC 21 -> Synology NAS / Quboz  - Denon DP 7000 SME 5012
D1000pro -> Magico V2 -> Fanless NUC i5 (Broadwell) -> Jriver MC 21/ Bauer DPS3i / Lyra Kleos
Live and let live, show some respect and stop passive aggressively ridiculing that what you don't understand.

Like Paul McGowan recently wrote:

Quote:The critics of high end audio would suggest we labor under a great deception. That what we think we hear we really don’t. They believe this because what we hear they do not, and to make matters worse, fail to explain the mechanisms of change. In their worldview, the tiniest of changes we make cannot have an impact on sound quality. Cannot! Therefore, it must be part of the great deception foisted upon a group of poor and unsuspecting people.

What theory might these believers in conspiracy apply to explain how hundreds of disconnected individuals can come to the same conclusions at the same time, merely through their ears? I am certain they will have one.

It just boggles my mind at the creativity of deniers and conspiracy pundits. And not just in audio.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
A more on topic discussion about isolation with some good contributions here:

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f22-ne...wer-29916/
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands