Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gadget Show
Devialet is attending the Gadget Show at the NEC Birmingham 31st Mar to 3rd Apr.

Stand E50 in the Better Life area - presumably it will be a Phantom based offering.

http://www.gadgetshowlive.net/welcome
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
Went to the Gadget Show today. Joachim and Antoine were there, and others, representing Devialet and with a Phantom/Dialog stand attracting swarms of people, using both sound only and AV also. Apparently they are getting one of the Best In Show awards (one of maybe many) and had 500 enquiries yesterday from a whole different customer base to the traditional hifi one.

I'd guess one third of Gadget show visitors are under 18.

Joachim said they had now sold all OdAs and he had managed to get a reallocation of units from overseas to the UK so instead of 8 UK sales they had achieved 17 or 19 (I forget which). So he will be a happy bunny if he gets rewarded on that.

There were very few hifi companies at the Gadget Show (I saw KEF and Chord, and a small B&O presence), although the attendance was huge. 75,000 over the four days is predicted. 

Devialet are not doing a standalone exhibition at Munich (their German distributor will show Devialet) and clearly their focus is on the end April announcement and top dealer gathering where, understandably, their lips are sealed.

They have just set up their first "Elite" dealership in their Far East region which necessitates a dealer devoting a room to Expert, Phantom and whatever else is coming on stream. So I guess they will want to try to do that for two or three of their eight Premier dealers in the UK. The UK is their second or third European market after France and possibly Norway.
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
Norway???? Amazing! I believe the population of Norway is lower than London alone, they must like their hifi! (Long dark winter evenings maybe)
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12