Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
B&W 803D3
On the topic of subs with 800-series D3, I use a pair of REL G1-MKIIs with my bi-wired 802 D3 powered with a 440-Pro. Prior to getting the subs, I toyed with a 2nd set of 440-Pro, bi-amping the 802 D3s. I got rid of the 2nd 440-Pro set once the pair of subs were properly dialled in as any additional power &/or bi-amping with the 2nd 440-Pro didn't reveal any significant advantage. Typically today, it is impossible to figure out if at all there're subs in the system - as sonically they've totally disappeared. Yet, the pair of subs continue to do their marvel thing & translate the system to another level.
Roon Nucleus w/ Hypsos PSU & AQ Tornado + Roon RAAT  >  AQ Diamond ETH > etherREGEN using SFP + Hypsos PSU | CEC TL-5 CD Transport + AQ Z3 + 3 x Orea Indigo > AQ Diamond AES/EBU 
Devialet 440-Pro CI >  AQ Wel Sig  RCA-XLR | 6 x Orea Bronze, 2 x Synergistic Research Atmosphere PC | B&W 802 D3 {Bi-wired}  >  AQ WEL Signature (Biwire)
REL G1-Mk2 pair | PS Audio PP 12 + AQ NRG-1000 | Puritan GroundMaster + RouteMaster | SAM DISABLED - DPM OFF - Northern Virginia - US