Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has anyone attempted to do some tweaks to their amps
What i have learned over the years is that every piece of equipment, regardsless how good and expensive it is, can be much improved with better parts. Has anyone attempted to do any tweaks to their amps? To be honest when looking at pictures of the inside of the amp I'd hesitate to touch anything but maybe small tweaks like better fuses, if there are any inside or changing the stock binding posts with purer sounding nexgen ones.

Looking forward to your comments and suggestions!
Highly modded avantgarde omega duos, slightly modded d200, d-sonics m3 800 s class d amp to drive the subs of my duos, all equipment on silent running audio platforms. 
DCS Network bridge connected with AQ diamond to Router and with special Belden 1694a digital cable (cable is cryoed, mechanical damped and using very high quality solder to KLEI Harmony Bullet plug)
S/C is Shunyata biwire Delta, 2 Delta p/c on the bridge and bass amp, Synergestic dev p/c on the 200, all connected to Shunyata Denali power conditioner
Manoet went on the most daring overhaul of his D200. LOTS to read about starting somewhere here-ish.

http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=1629

BTW, haven't seen him for a while. Are you still around Manoet?
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(19-Mar-2016, 15:15)Pim van Vliet Wrote: Manoet went on the most daring overhaul of his D200. LOTS to read about starting somewhere here-ish.

http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=1629

BTW, haven't seen him for a while. Are you still around Manoet?

Yes, very much still around but more passive than active these days. D200 has been flawless since completion and an absolutely stunning performer in every way without so much as a single issue or hiccup! Still want to experiment with converting the D200 to a 250 power-wise but due to other interests/pursuits that project will dictate being postponed till late May or early June. Would be nice if I could do it completely from the Configurator but am unsure. It certainly runs cool enough to easily double the power due to convection cooling without thermal issues but things seldom work out as I'd prefer. I'll update when/if that occurs.
Statements in my posts are opinion only, not to be construed as fact. Any projects I engage in are at my own risk! Their outcome cannot be assured and may result in success, small/no change or catastrophic failure. I encourage no one rely on anything I say or do as gospel and to realize your mileage may vary!
(19-Mar-2016, 13:59)Duomike Wrote: What i have learned over the years is that every piece of equipment, regardsless how good and expensive it is, can be much improved with better parts. Has anyone attempted to do any tweaks to their amps? To be honest when looking at pictures of the inside of the amp I'd hesitate to touch anything but maybe small tweaks like better fuses, if there are any inside or changing the stock binding posts with purer sounding nexgen ones.

Looking forward to your comments and suggestions!

I have been tempted to bypass the speaker terminals and connect directly to the cable shoe on the riser board. I am still contemplating how to do this in a good, safe and easily revertible way. And of course the fuses or perhaps change the IEC inlet completely. I think Manoet has a description of this.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
Are there really fuses in the Devialet?

(19-Mar-2016, 17:47)ogs Wrote: ... And of course the fuses or perhaps change the IEC inlet completely. I think Manoet has a description of this.
(20-Mar-2016, 04:09)deviousalet Wrote: Are there really fuses in the Devialet?

(19-Mar-2016, 17:47)ogs Wrote: ... And of course the fuses or perhaps change the IEC inlet completely. I think Manoet has a description of this.

Yes, there are ...
Surface Mount Fuses   NANO2 > 250V UMF Time Lag Fuse > 465 Series

Regards, Hrky

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Curious: what would another fuse do on the SQ?
Thanks for the pic. Have never seen smd fuses. Nothing to tweak here i guess.
Highly modded avantgarde omega duos, slightly modded d200, d-sonics m3 800 s class d amp to drive the subs of my duos, all equipment on silent running audio platforms. 
DCS Network bridge connected with AQ diamond to Router and with special Belden 1694a digital cable (cable is cryoed, mechanical damped and using very high quality solder to KLEI Harmony Bullet plug)
S/C is Shunyata biwire Delta, 2 Delta p/c on the bridge and bass amp, Synergestic dev p/c on the 200, all connected to Shunyata Denali power conditioner
I think it's not a good idea to have fuses surface mounted, aren't they supposed to be changed easily without sending the products back?
Soundwise I think fuses soldered directly onto the pcb are much better than the standard fuses and fuseholder