Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
iPhone connection
well, it's not a sole Devialet problem but more an iPhone/Apple issue. iPhones do not easily allow to stream digitally via the lightning output. The camera connection kit provides a good interface to USB though it requires the receiving unit to provide a certain power voltage. Therefore I am using a powered USB hub in between and this works perfectly.
iMac Core i9, Roon lifetime, Qobuz Sublime+, OPPO BDP-103EU, Kanex Pro HDMI Audio Extractor, Dual CS 617Q, Devialet 220 PRO Core Infinity, Bowers&Wilkins 804 D2, Oppo HA2, Sennheiser HD 800S, Living Room, Enjoy Listening, Germany
(03-Apr-2016, 11:54)kw1373 Wrote: Yes that's what I meant - there is no cable that allows a direct connection between iPhone and devialet that I could find.  Neither from lightning into coaxial/optical/USB (type B), nor headphone into same inputs.  

Except RCAs which I wasn't willing to do.

I am far less technically inclined obviously than your good self and so fail to as graciously accept as you have the perfect reason why devialet should not have a normal USB input!

99.9%, if not all, of USB DACs (Devialet included) uses USB Type-B as input. I'm surprised you are complaining about Devialet's USB input and not Apple iPhone output? Anyway, you can buy a Type-A (female) to Type-B adapter easily in the market, if you really want to.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier