Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Audiophile Feet/Spikes for Hardwood Floors
Hi Guys

I recently relocated and my new designated listening room has hardwood floors.
My existing feet on my components and speakers all have spikes which went through carpeting into the subfloor.
I have bee told that putting discs between spikes and hardwood is a less than ideal solution.
Have any of you fought a similar battle and won? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Kerry
Laufer Teknik Memory Player - Atlas Mavros S/PDIF x 2 - Mutec MC-3+ USB Reclocker - Sablon Panatella BNC-SPDIF Digital Cable - LampizatOr Big 7 Tube DAC
Ayre Acoustics AX5-Twenty Amplifier - Rockport Technologies Cygnus Loudspeakers - Rel Gibralter G1 Six Pack Subs - Siltech Princess XLR - Ear to Ear Cables and PCs - Canada
Have a look at the Soundcare SuperSpikes, I'm using them underneath my speakers.

http://www.soundcare.no/products.htm
I think the soundcare are very convenient as you can move things without risk of spike damage, but discs work fine, for me anyway. Have you tried them and there's something you don't like Kerry?

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(25-Mar-2016, 23:22)Hifi_swlon Wrote: I think the soundcare are very convenient as you can move things without risk of spike damage, but discs work fine, for me anyway. Have you tried them and there's something you don't like Kerry?

Apart from other negatives, I find the spikes with discs underneath lose a little bit of dynamics and focus compared to spikes alone coupled directly to the subfloor.

Kerry
Laufer Teknik Memory Player - Atlas Mavros S/PDIF x 2 - Mutec MC-3+ USB Reclocker - Sablon Panatella BNC-SPDIF Digital Cable - LampizatOr Big 7 Tube DAC
Ayre Acoustics AX5-Twenty Amplifier - Rockport Technologies Cygnus Loudspeakers - Rel Gibralter G1 Six Pack Subs - Siltech Princess XLR - Ear to Ear Cables and PCs - Canada
Try Herbies discs. I beleive he accepts returns.
Synology 713+ -> Aurender N10 -> D 200 -> Legacy Audio Focus SE speakers. ClearAudio Emotion TT. Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker and Galileo (USB) Interconnects and Synergistic PowerCell UEF S - Virginia U. S. A.
Spikes were developed for carpeted floors as flat footers are not very stable on carpets. The idea that spikes are mechanical diodes is marketing speak and not based on physical reality.
I am interested in the Soundcare SuperSpikes, but the Herbie's Audio Lab Cone/Spike Decoupler glider have worked great with my speakers and  hardwood floors and allow one to slide the speakers ( carefully ) for placement as desired. I also use them for my 100lb plus Silver Circle Audio Power Conditioner.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
Bars or podiums from Townshend
http://www.townshendaudio.com/hi-fi-home...isolation/
Naim nac-n 272, Naim nap-300, PMC Fact 12, Audience AU24SE power cables, Oppo BDP-103D
My favorite footers so far are Pim's, as shown in his new avatar : http://devialetchat.com/member.php?actio...le&uid=173
(29-Mar-2016, 06:38)deviousalet Wrote: My favorite footers so far are Pim's, as shown in his new avatar : http://devialetchat.com/member.php?actio...le&uid=173

Thanks mate! Nice to know my 'artwork' is appreciated.  Smile
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.