Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Trigger cable lowers temperatures & power consumption
(26-Mar-2016, 14:33)deviousalet Wrote: The trigger cable is a standard 3.5mm on both ends. My D400 came with an unbranded white 31"/78cm-long trigger cable. I hear D900 owners get an AudioQuest Sydney trigger cable with their Original d'Atelier so I'm sure other standard 3.5mm cables work.

Connected the trigger cable to the lower trigger port of the master (labeled TRIGGER IN/OUT) and upper trigger port of the slave unit (labeled RS-232/OPTICAL 2).

In the Configurator, configure the Chaining connection between master and slave to "Share sources from Companion" and enable at least one input on the slave (I enabled the digital input).

In the attached picture I've highlight the applicable portions of the Configuration screen as I've configured it.

As I said before if you use RCA to XLR as connection between master and slave you can not use this trigger cable as it is only usable if one selects chaning of inputs on the slave and if that is selected the option for XLR input on the slave is only available as a extern input not from the master.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

I cannot see link between Master and Slave... What can I do? On Companion it looks grey and cannot be activated

[Image: 0_92d03_5e472e53_orig]
Ok, thanks, I see! Looks like I needs to activated Digital on Companion
Now it looks fine
Many thanks!
Photo 
(26-Mar-2016, 17:28)kjj11 Wrote: Ok, thanks, I see! Looks like I needs to activated Digital on Companion
Now it looks fine
Many thanks!

My Devialet 400 came with a Crytal cable "minijack". On forum people said they were getting better sound with AES/EBU SPDIF cable ( not a crystal one). And after the change, SQ was better.

I don't know if this improvement is due to the type of connection or to the cable quality. 

Did you compare the sound quality before and after your changement ?
Many thanks for all those informations.
Ok, I'll check it on this week. I need to buy this cable - my Devialets travel for me whithout this mini jack 3,5 mm cable

But last question

In this topic recommended
The trigger cable should go between the lower ports on both the master and slave

But on picture from Configurator 3,5 mm trigger cable connect lower port on Master and higher port on Slave! This is incorrect information on Configurator?
(27-Mar-2016, 11:19)kjj11 Wrote: Ok, I'll check it on this week. I need to buy this cable - my Devialets travel for me whithout this mini jack 3,5 mm cable

But last question

The trigger cable should go between the lower ports on both the master and slave

But on picture from Configurator 3,5 mm trigger cable connect lower port on Master and higher port on Slave! This is incorrect information on Configurator?

I would suggest that the Configurator is correct - this is the way that I have  my D400 connected and it works perfectly well.

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
I too have the 3.5mm Trigger cable connected as shown in the Configurator and it works for me. If that's incorrect I want to know why and where that information is from please.

I think there's some confusion in this thread between the 3.5mm Trigger cable and the RCA/RCA or RCA/XLR Signal cable. The Signal cable (digital coax) transfers the sound signal between the master and slave. The 3.5mm Trigger cable transfers operational information/commands (power state, etc.) but not the sound/music. The many posts about improving sound by upgrading the cable between master and slave are about the Signal cable. Using any Trigger cable decreased temperature and thus may improve sound quality, but in a much less direct way than upgrading the Signal cable which is actually transferring digital music between left and right amplifiers.
(27-Mar-2016, 12:32)brit Wrote:
(27-Mar-2016, 11:19)kjj11 Wrote: Ok, I'll check it on this week. I need to buy this cable - my Devialets travel for me whithout this mini jack 3,5 mm cable

But last question

I would suggest that the Configurator is correct - this is the way that I have  my D400 connected and it works perfectly well.

David

Do you use any of the inputs on the slave?
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system

(27-Mar-2016, 15:47)octaviars Wrote:
(27-Mar-2016, 12:32)brit Wrote:

But last question

David

Yes I do, I run my Tuner  into the Companion with no problems at all.

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
(27-Mar-2016, 15:51)brit Wrote:
(27-Mar-2016, 15:47)octaviars Wrote:
(27-Mar-2016, 12:32)brit Wrote: I would suggest that the Configurator is correct - this is the way that I have  my D400 connected and it works perfectly well.

David

Yes I do, I run my Tuner  into the Companion with no problems at all.

David

Ok, but you run RCA to RCA between the master and the slave.

Second system