Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Trigger cable lowers temperatures & power consumption
P.S. There is a big clue in the name of the trigger cable.
Roon, Rega P9 + Dynavector XX2Mk2 > 440 Pro > Sonus Faber Guarneri Evolution
(10-Aug-2017, 13:43)Soniclife Wrote:
(10-Aug-2017, 02:52)PeppaPig Wrote: No matter if the trigger cable used or not used, the way how it wake up from sleep is same. 
No it isn't, if you try it you can see a difference.

(10-Aug-2017, 02:52)PeppaPig Wrote: Trigger cable only designed for sending single back to Master when input on companion is in use.
What is single?  

Have you tried this for yourself?
I think he meant signal.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
I assume that if the companion has inputs enabled, then the spdif - spdif chaining cable is bidirectional - the direction dependent upon which input is being used - and the trigger cable is required to transmit the control signals. What I'm not clear on is why inputs on the companion cannot be enabled on the companion when using the spdif - aes/ebu chain, but apparently it cannot. Anyone have more info on this?
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
I expect it's because the AES/EBU is only an input, so the companion can't send the signal from any of its inputs through the link cable to the master in that configuration.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(10-Aug-2017, 21:51)thumb5 Wrote: I expect it's because the AES/EBU is only an input, so the companion can't send the signal from any of its inputs through the link cable to the master in that configuration.

Yes, else we could do aes to aes, and not need long threads about spdif to aes cables.
Roon, Rega P9 + Dynavector XX2Mk2 > 440 Pro > Sonus Faber Guarneri Evolution
(10-Aug-2017, 16:33)Axel Wrote:
(10-Aug-2017, 13:43)Soniclife Wrote:
(10-Aug-2017, 02:52)PeppaPig Wrote: No matter if the trigger cable used or not used, the way how it wake up from sleep is same. 
No it isn't, if you try it you can see a difference.

(10-Aug-2017, 02:52)PeppaPig Wrote: Trigger cable only designed for sending single back to Master when input on companion is in use.
What is single?  

Have you tried this for yourself?
I think he meant signal.

I have intensively tested it, it does not lower or equalised temperatures. And also Devialet official spec tells me the trigger cable only does what I said.
Haa there been any update in the meantime? Firmware changed and maybe also some feedback of Devialet on that? When setting up my 440 Pro and just connecting via RCA-RCA (no trigger cable) I absolutely see a warmer companion in both modes. Especially in standby it‘s very noticeable.
I just made some test on configurations with and without trigger cable. With trigger cable, startup on companion after stand by or power off is very different versus without cable. This is telling me that commands that master is sending to companion are different via digital versus via trigger cable.
I'll perform additional tests, and then come back with updated info.
Based on what I see now, I am expecting:
- No changes for temperature during playback.
- Possible changes for companion temperature during stand by and power off. ---> This will solve my issue. Smile
Great, keep us posted. Did also have any recent exchange with Devialet support on that topic?
I didn't ask Devialet support about this behavior. Maybe I will do it, after performing full test. At this moment I now that startup is different, but I don't know about standby / power off temperature (I'll check this during the night).

As far as I can see till now, one possible cause is configurator behavior for dual mono configurations. There are multiple bugs here: a lot of settings from master are supposed to be transfer to the companion. There are two ways for doing this:
- Transfer / cloning those settings to companion configuration file.
- Master send the setting to companion in real time, via communication channel (digital or trigger).
Well, this is not working fine. For multiple settings, none of above is happening.
I reported this to Devialet support long time ago.