Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trigger cable lowers temperatures & power consumption
P.S. There is a big clue in the name of the trigger cable.
Air 3, Rega P9 with Dynavector XX2Mk2 > 440 Pro > Sonus Faber Guarneri Evolution
(10-Aug-2017, 13:43)Soniclife Wrote:
(10-Aug-2017, 02:52)PeppaPig Wrote: No matter if the trigger cable used or not used, the way how it wake up from sleep is same. 
No it isn't, if you try it you can see a difference.

(10-Aug-2017, 02:52)PeppaPig Wrote: Trigger cable only designed for sending single back to Master when input on companion is in use.
What is single?  

Have you tried this for yourself?
I think he meant signal.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS, Mutec MC-3+USB, Mac 5K running Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control. Devialet 440 Pro, Sonus faber Olympica ll, Rupert Neve Designs headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate interconnects, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
I assume that if the companion has inputs enabled, then the spdif - spdif chaining cable is bidirectional - the direction dependent upon which input is being used - and the trigger cable is required to transmit the control signals. What I'm not clear on is why inputs on the companion cannot be enabled on the companion when using the spdif - aes/ebu chain, but apparently it cannot. Anyone have more info on this?
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon Labs music streaming
Durham, NC USA
I expect it's because the AES/EBU is only an input, so the companion can't send the signal from any of its inputs through the link cable to the master in that configuration.
Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Sonos ZP90 (Cullen modified), Devialet 440 Pro, Kaiser Chiara
(10-Aug-2017, 21:51)thumb5 Wrote: I expect it's because the AES/EBU is only an input, so the companion can't send the signal from any of its inputs through the link cable to the master in that configuration.

Yes, else we could do aes to aes, and not need long threads about spdif to aes cables.
Air 3, Rega P9 with Dynavector XX2Mk2 > 440 Pro > Sonus Faber Guarneri Evolution
(10-Aug-2017, 16:33)Axel Wrote:
(10-Aug-2017, 13:43)Soniclife Wrote:
(10-Aug-2017, 02:52)PeppaPig Wrote: No matter if the trigger cable used or not used, the way how it wake up from sleep is same. 
No it isn't, if you try it you can see a difference.

(10-Aug-2017, 02:52)PeppaPig Wrote: Trigger cable only designed for sending single back to Master when input on companion is in use.
What is single?  

Have you tried this for yourself?
I think he meant signal.

I have intensively tested it, it does not lower or equalised temperatures. And also Devialet official spec tells me the trigger cable only does what I said.