Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D-Premier is better than 200???
Hello

Please help me to resolve the problem.

Now I have 200. I am Happy with sound but I know that 250 is just better sounding. Now I have a cianę to buy D-Premier for really a good price. Is it a good ideas to change 200 to D Premier? I don't use usbinput. Just Coaxial and Air. 

What is the SQ of 250 and DPremier? What are differences? 

Is it possible to use firmware 9.0.1 with DPremier? Is DPM, ICM compatible with D Premier?

Best regards
Chris
buy the second 200 for dual mono
See http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=2582
(31-Mar-2016, 02:17)johnsap Wrote: buy the second 200 for dual mono

I don't like idea of Having TWO units. I prefer one Devialet. Simple and easy.
You of course do not get SAM
I have a D premier..runs the latest firmware and if it can do one of the new added features , you get it.
Its nt worth it to me to send eu4000 or so to get it up to 250 specs
I can get a used d premier , black like mine for round the same money and would rather go dual mono 500w side than 1 250.
Sam , usb and ethernet are of little concern to me
Roon/tidal > Squeezebox touch  > Trinnov St2 or DIRAC (minidsp ddrc-22d) > Dual mono D premiers > Vivid Audio Giya G1 Spirits  ...fully treated  dedicated 6x8m room
I tend to agree with Rodney.
I consider the update from D-Premiers to 800 to have been not good value for me.
Neither of my main speakers will ever be SAMmed, I don't use the USB input, don't need the Ethernet input since wireless Air was fine here and I miss the lost HDMI input for tv.
I was in two minds whether to have the update and plumped for the wrong thing in the end.
But that is just me...
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

(31-Mar-2016, 14:39)Rodney Gold Wrote: You of course do not get SAM
I have a D premier..runs the latest firmware and if it can do one of the new added features , you get it.
Its nt worth it to me to send eu4000 or so to get it up to 250 specs
I can get a used d premier , black like mine for round the same money and would rather go dual mono 500w side than 1 250.
Sam , usb  and ethernet are of little concern to me

Hello
Thanks for answering. So You are using now 9.0.1 with D Premier? Did You noticed any changes in Sound Quality comparing to previous firmware? How can You describe sound of Premier now and 1 or two years ago? 
Best regards
D premier is better than 200.
I use firmware 9.0.2 !!! no problem with upgrade.
(31-Mar-2016, 19:37)Devmann Wrote: D premier is better than 200.
I use firmware 9.0.2 !!! no problem with upgrade.

9.0.2?...How did You got this new firmware? I saw only 9.0.1 on Devialet page...
I have not noticed any change between firmware versions in terms of sound quality
Roon/tidal > Squeezebox touch  > Trinnov St2 or DIRAC (minidsp ddrc-22d) > Dual mono D premiers > Vivid Audio Giya G1 Spirits  ...fully treated  dedicated 6x8m room