Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet on the wall
Apologies for confusion... measurements are indeed in cm.
The difference I believe is D-Premier vs D200.
DP is a bigger case and (I am guessing) a different base layout.
Case measurements are, as far as I can tell (this time in mm),
400 * 400 * 44.5 vs 383 * 383 * 40 and this is why the locating / screw centres are different.
Chord Blu > D200 > Martin Logan Ethos : Saddleworth, England
(12-Sep-2014, 17:39)Tony Wrote: Have mounted my D200 on the wall... home made.

I was lucky enough to have the Devialet wall mounting kit to examine and take measurements from but the price was just too much for what it was doing so a trip to B&Q yielded a bit of shelving that was fastened to the wall via 4 rubber gromits to provide a bit of isolation between the wood and the (not too flat) wall and 4 brass flat headed screws that fit into the grooves on the D200 feet.

Only problem subsequently is that the Remote is now incredibly directional. I logged this with Devialet and their theory was that the fact that it was in an alcove was impacting on the RF. Not 100% convinced as two of the four 'sides' are wood and I would have thought RF would go through that unimpaired. In effect I have to make sure the remote is above the level of the D200 to ensure it works, Interested to know if anybody else has similar problem / theory? Photo attached...

Since mounting my D on the wall, in a small (14") alcove, my remote has become unresponsive, despite being in direct view of the amp. Also the remote seems more sensitive than before, a small movement resulting in a 2 dB shift in volume, it is really hard to get half dB steps. I think I read somewhere that it is possible to recalibrate the remote, any ideas?
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
Sounds like a bad 'wireless' connection. Does it also show this behaviour near to the Devialet?

Changing the batteries for a fresh pair could help a bit. Not sure about "recalibration", it either works or not. During first use of the remote I remember the manual saying to put the remote near to the Devialet so both could easily find and recognize each other.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(01-Oct-2014, 16:21)Antoine Wrote: Sounds like a bad 'wireless' connection. Does it also show this behaviour near to the Devialet?

Changing the batteries for a fresh pair could help a bit. Not sure about "recalibration", it either works or not. During first use of the remote I remember the manual saying to put the remote near to the Devialet so both could easily find and recognize each other.

Hi Antoine,

No, if I put the remote next to the D, all is well. Batteries are new.

Ah! I removed a battery, went close to the D, put the battery back in, and now it works from my listening position! So it seems that re-pairing the two works, as you suggested.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
Great! Smile
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
Interesting... the symptoms that Axel described are exactly the same as mine re unresponsive remote since wall mounting the D200. Unfortunately I have tried re-pairing my remote but this has not fixed the problem. I have found that the issue appears to be one of directionality as opposed to any physical barrier i.e. to the right of my D200 is a fireplace with a one foot thick stone wall. The remote works with the stone wall between it and the D200, the remote finishing up in a position almost flush to the wall that the D200 is mounted on. Conversely if I bring the remote out from the fireplace so there is no stone wall in between resulting in the remote now pointing more directly at the front of the D200 it stops working. Could the case work of the D200 be acting as some form of faraday cage?
Yes, you could say the Devialets are 'semi' cages of Faraday. The thick aluminum case will reflect most of the direct hitting 2.4GHz radio waves and absorb the rest. These waves will only penetrate the plastic parts, not the thick metal parts. The 250/D-Premier has it's antenna at the front behind the plastic window but the other Devialet models at the back so afer mounting it on the wall it's harder for the 120/200 to receive the remote signal as these would almost have to "bend" around the big aluminum front to reach the internal antenna.

The Netherlands
I think I may have found a (possibly obvious) solution to the unresponsive remote when a Devialat is mounted vertically problem...

Perhaps naively I have been holding the remote more or less horizontally and pointing the front (where the single on / off button is) of the remote at the D200. This has been problematic as reported by myself and also possibly by NORWAY and AXEL.

By chance I tried holding the remote vertically so that the knob is facing me and the bottom of the remote is parallel(ish) with the D200 and bingo! it works more or less everywhere in the room.
(02-Oct-2014, 14:54)Antoine Wrote: Yes, you could say the Devialets are 'semi' cages of Faraday. The thick aluminum case will reflect most of the direct hitting 2.4GHz radio waves and absorb the rest. These waves will only penetrate the plastic parts, not the thick metal parts. The 250/D-Premier has it's antenna at the front behind the plastic window but the other Devialet models at the back so afer mounting it on the wall it's harder for the 120/200 to receive the remote signal as these would almost have to "bend" around the big aluminum front to reach the internal antenna.

Further evidence that aluminium (even foil) can act as a Faraday cage One for the DIYers to try Tongue
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
Big Grin Big Grin

The Netherlands