Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Aurender N10 review
Review of the Aurender N10 from stereophile.

http://www.stereophile.com/content/auren...jfRlPUu.97

The review was posted Mar 29 2016, and although streaming from Tidal is mentioned, no mention is made of Qobuz. The review perhaps being carried out before the latest update to the Conductor app. This implemented support for Qobuz, and the smart copy feature, allowing the copying of files to the N10 from within the app, negating the need for a PC/Mac.
Oracle Delphi MkVI Reference Second Generation - SME Series V - Lyra Delos 
   Expert 1000 Pro CI - Magico A3
Audioquest Niagara 3000
Nucleus+ - roon lifetime - Qobuz Sublime+
 x2 Matte Black Phantom I
Thanks for posting blorbed. I'm thinking of embarking on a few streamer / music server auditions later this year and a couple of Aurender models (including the N10) will be on my "want to listen to" list. I have actually been trying Roon recently but oddly enough this experience has made me think that something like the "conductor" player software might suit my needs better, although I'd need an hour or so trying the 'smart search' features and so on to see if it does actually suit my desires. I see from your signature that you are currently running an N10. Did you audition it against any of the obvious competition prior to purchase?
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(30-Mar-2016, 12:51)Confused Wrote: Thanks for posting blorbed.  I'm thinking of embarking on a few streamer / music server auditions later this year and a couple of Aurender models (including the N10) will be on my "want to listen to" list.  I have actually been trying Roon recently but oddly enough this experience has made me think that something like the "conductor" player software might suit my needs better, although I'd need an hour or so trying the 'smart search' features and so on to see if it does actually suit my desires.  I see from your signature that you are currently running an N10.  Did you audition it against any of the obvious competition prior to purchase?

Hi,

With the D800 I originally ran a Mac mini, it developed a fault and I was constantly having problems with various iPad control apps. I decided to purchase a naim HDX after originally coming from naim to devialet, and what a difference, chalk and cheese!

Anyhow the HDX developed an intermittent fault, and it was looking like it would need a new PCI card. I was travelling down to Oxford to listen to some used Phantoms from a private seller and to kill some time I decided to visit Oxford Audio. 

I contacted them beforehand and asked if it would be possible to audition the N10 with the D800 (and we used pair of kef reference 3's). Jon, whom I believe you know well, was a perfect host and setup the session. The outcome was immediate (although I did overstay, and had to apologise to the owner of the Phantoms). It was originally my intention of going with the N100H, however I got a great trade in from Jon on the HDX, and I've not looked back. So a bit of a long winded response, and to answer your question, no I didn't audition it against any other streamers. I guess the proverb may be true 'a fool is easily parted from his money'.

This 'fool' though has never looked back, the main rig is on every day, the N10 at present feeds both the D800 and the Phantoms and the sound is sublime (oh, and trouble free!).
Audioquest Niagara 3000
 x2 Matte Black Phantom I
Thinking about it, could anyone with an Aurender / Conductor app and who has added track ratings advise regarding the following:

1. Can you "smart search" say by Artist and Track Rating, thus achieving a listing of, say, all 5* rated tracks by the 'Spice Girls'. (add any artist of your choice)
2. In the 'Track' listing view in Conductor, if you filter by 'Artist', does this pick up the artist for individual tracks, or the album artist, which would in same cases be 'various artists' for compilation albums etc.

Thanks!
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(30-Mar-2016, 13:45)Confused Wrote: Thinking about it, could anyone with an Aurender / Conductor app and who has added track ratings advise regarding the following:

1. Can you "smart search" say by Artist and Track Rating, thus achieving a listing of, say, all 5* rated tracks by the 'Spice Girls'.  (add any artist of your choice)
2.  In the 'Track' listing view in Conductor, if you filter by 'Artist', does this pick up the artist for individual tracks, or the album artist, which would in same cases be 'various artists' for compilation albums etc.

Thanks!

Hi,

I'm afraid I don't use the track/star rating function, nor I'm afraid, given my smallish library, use the search function.

A guide to the conductor app is available here, I don't know if it'll answer your questions, but I hope it's of some help.

http://www.aurender.com/page/appguide

Regards.
Audioquest Niagara 3000
 x2 Matte Black Phantom I
(30-Mar-2016, 14:25)blorbed Wrote:
(30-Mar-2016, 13:45)Confused Wrote: Thinking about it, could anyone with an Aurender / Conductor app and who has added track ratings advise regarding the following:

1. Can you "smart search" say by Artist and Track Rating, thus achieving a listing of, say, all 5* rated tracks by the 'Spice Girls'.  (add any artist of your choice)
2.  In the 'Track' listing view in Conductor, if you filter by 'Artist', does this pick up the artist for individual tracks, or the album artist, which would in same cases be 'various artists' for compilation albums etc.

Thanks!

Hi,

I'm afraid I don't use the track/star rating function, nor I'm afraid, given my smallish library, use the search function.

A guide to the conductor app is available here, I don't know if it'll answer your questions, but I hope it's of some help.

http://www.aurender.com/page/appguide

Regards.

Hey Confused can you not get Jon at OAC to lend you a unit for a couple of weeks? Then you can experiment 'till you heart's content and do a nice write up for Devialetchat too!  Smile  

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Guillaume - Tentative contact has already been made with OAC regarding streamer / music server auditions.

For various reasons, I am not really in a rush with this one, but auditions may be kicking off late April, depending on how things go. Currently I am doing a bit of research, plus I have been trying Roon for a while. I was thinking that if after trying Roon it became a "must have" feature for me, then this would limit options for a 'digital from end', that is candidates from Melco, Aurender etc just wouldn't do. I was expecting Roon to be 'Dog's Parts', 'no going back' etc., but no, so far I've been a bit disappointed with Roon. Although I can easily see why some folk love Roon, but so far it's left me a little cold. Something for another thread I think!
'Something for another thread I think!'

hahaha Wink
Audioquest Niagara 3000
 x2 Matte Black Phantom I
I like Aurender as a company but nearly 8K euro for the N10??...dunno..

When I auditioned the D200 it was with a X100L which is still on my list, is the N10 twice the x100 at nearly twice the price?  Rolleyes
Hi all,

I had the pleasure to have an Aurender N10 at home while I had a one week loan of a Dev 200 (802D speakers) and, frankly, this was the best sound I had in my system (AES/EBU connection). I am used to all kinds of gear (the Aurender was at home for a review coming soon, I write in www.hifilive.es website) and I tried several digital sources with the Devialet: Lumin D1, Meridian CD transport, Squeezebox Touch EDO'd, fanless PC (JRiver and Foobar)... you name it, and the Aurender was a clear step above all of them. Very nice (and close) btw the Lumin, able to send DoP to Devialet for those (few?) good DSD tracks/discs...

Question is probably what about N100... USB only however.

Regards!