Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Aurender N10 review
(09-Apr-2016, 20:54)Azazel Wrote: Hi all,

I had the pleasure to have an Aurender N10 at home while I had a one week loan of a Dev 200 (802D speakers) and, frankly, this was the best sound I had in my system (AES/EBU connection). I am used to all kinds of gear (the Aurender was at home for a review coming soon, I write in www.hifilive.es website) and I tried several digital sources with the Devialet: Lumin D1, Meridian CD transport, Squeezebox Touch EDO'd, fanless PC (JRiver and Foobar)... you name it, and the Aurender was a clear step above all of them. Very nice (and close) btw the Lumin, able to send DoP to Devialet for those (few?) good DSD tracks/discs...

Question is probably what about N100... USB only however.

Regards!

Hello,

I have been using the N100H with nice USB cable and Intona for several months and I was very happy with it, I just moved to N10 after trying a demo, I would recommend anyone to try it if looking for a streamer in this price range, it is really delivering an amazing SQ with incredible soundstage.
F
Original d'Atelier No 91 Upgraded CI- Aurender N10- Chord Dave DAC-Chord Mscaler-B&W 800 D3- Isotek EVO3 Mosaic Genesis- Nordost Valhalla 2 power cable- Nordost Valhalla 2 speaker cables- Nordost QB4 and Qx4- Cabledyne RCA-XLR- Transparent Ref XL AES/EBU- Synergistic Atmosphere AC Power Cords- Light Harmonic LS USB- Mutec MC3+USB- Audioquest Diamond ethernet- Étalon ethernet isolator
Is it possible to use another app to control th aurender? I have been playing with theirs and in my opinion it is ...unimpressive. The UI is kind of ugly... lots of stacked buttons. Not clean and orderly like DS Lightning, JRiver, or roon. Also. I don't think there is universal search across all sources and no planned roon endpoint.
(17-Apr-2016, 03:52)actx76092 Wrote: Is it possible to use another app to control th aurender?  I have been playing with theirs and in my opinion it is ...unimpressive. The UI is kind of ugly... lots of stacked buttons. Not clean and orderly like DS Lightning, JRiver, or roon. Also. I don't think there is universal search across all sources and no planned roon endpoint.

Nothing you can do. I like the app's appearance, color not withstanding. There are a few things I don't like but... I have decided that while it would be nice to have Roon, it really isn't necessary. I use the wiki feature of the app and augment that with Allmusic using a browser. Not as clean as Roon but it works for now. It seems that every time a new feature is added the app to Aurender connection is slower; so I can live without Roon for now.
Synology 713+ -> Aurender N10 -> D 200 -> Legacy Audio Focus SE speakers. ClearAudio Emotion TT. Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker and Galileo (USB) Interconnects and Synergistic PowerCell UEF S - Virginia U. S. A.