Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Magico S1 or S5 + Devialet 200???
(04-Apr-2016, 23:32)Allman77 Wrote: It's a shame the new Magico line (MKII) starts at 24.500 euro in Europe, I understand the usd/eur echange but at this price the S1 is above the b&w 802 D3 and noway the S1 approaches the b&w. Magico is a tough sell in Europa these days as are many other US manufactures.

Same situation in Canada due to the exchange rate.

Dealers are having a hard time offloading USA products and are now pushing more of the European products due to the value of the dollar.
(05-Apr-2016, 12:08)samurai7595 Wrote:
(04-Apr-2016, 23:32)Allman77 Wrote: It's a shame the new Magico line (MKII) starts at 24.500 euro in Europe, I understand the usd/eur echange but at this price the S1 is above the b&w 802 D3 and noway the S1 approaches the b&w. Magico is a tough sell in Europa these days as are many other US manufactures.

Same situation in Canada due to the exchange rate.

Dealers are having a hard time offloading USA products and are now pushing more of the European products due to the value of the dollar.
Ummmm....    That's KEF Blade money....  Just a thought.  (I am biased here though)
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
did your Blades start playing nicely now?
i remember some issues with SAM they had...

how about YG speakers...?
(05-Apr-2016, 15:35)johnsap Wrote: did your Blades start playing nicely now?
i remember some issues with SAM they had...

how about  YG speakers...?

That reminds me......   I have a very old open query with Devialet, maybe 6 months old.  Ummmm.  Although to answer the specific question, they do actually sound most splendid, as long as I keep the SAM% reasonably low.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Moreno, go to S5..
with the 200 the sound in excellent and of course with 400 everything improves.
It was my doubt before to buy the Bowers Wilkins 802D3.
Magico S1 vs 802D3.. 802D3 of course, at least for me.
The S5 is superior segment and the cost is very different.
The next step for me is S5 but I knew the price (High Fidelity exhibition in Milan last week) for the MKII.. Crazy..
I don't know.
Anyway top speaker and if there is the good price take the S5 Wink
                                                                                          DD SYSTEM
                  SPEAKERS : Bowers Wilkins 802 D3 ---- ELECTRONIC : Devialet 200 (upgrade to Devialet 400 -2016-)
                            SOURCE : Aries Auralic ----- LOADSPEAKERS CABLES : Straightwire Crescendo 2*2,4mt
                 SOURCE CABLE : Audioquest USB Carbon ----- POWER : Ps Audio AC3 ---- REMOTE CONTROL : Ipad Mini

Hello,

search a S5 mk1 "demo".....with 20-25k MAX yo go have a great speaker.
the S5mk2 is 57k....(or so it's!!!)

the S1 / S1 mk2 sound very good too. with a room from 30m2 you can have a big surprise.

I use the Wilson Sasha2: 1,5 year "old".....I can realize not more from 19k!!!!! not enoghut for a S1mk2!!! it's crazy.....

A S3 (n 2017 come the S3mk2 ...but new price...) can be a solution....I prefer to go with aS5 demo for ca. 20-25k.Max.....

other speakers? Isophon Berlina rc7mk2 or Focal Scala v2.....(Sopra i have recieved not "great feedback. , never listen..)

greetings from Switzerland
Just to throw a hand grenade in here, if you think the S5's are good with a D400 you should try them with a D800. The difference is not subtle in any shape or form.
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
(14-Jun-2016, 16:53)NickB Wrote: Just to throw a hand grenade in here, if you think the S5's are good with a D400 you should try them with a D800. The difference is not subtle in any shape or form.

How big is Your room? What is the minimum size of room for S5 in Your opinion? 

Regards
(14-Jun-2016, 16:53)NickB Wrote: Just to throw a hand grenade in here, if you think the S5's are good with a D400 you should try them with a D800. The difference is not subtle in any shape or form.

Totally agree with NickB. 800s work extremely well with my S5s. Prior to Magico's I had Wilson Duettes.  When I upgraded to dual mono D-Premiers the leap in SQ with the Duettes was very obvious - weight, soundstage, dynamics etc. Without sounding like Jeremy Clarkson, you can't go wrong with more power.
The price hike with Magicos has got silly - it happened before the S5 MkII. That said, with the new model out I expect you may get a bargain with a second hand MkI. Whatever the SQ advantages of the MkII I think they have ruined the lines with these ugly outrigger feet - just something to stub your toe on!
Devialet 1000 Pro; Magico A5 loudspeakers; Metronome T3a Signature CD Transport; dCS Network Bridge; Kuzma M turntable; Kuzma 4Point14 tonearm; Koetsu Sky Blue; Benzmicro LPS; Audioquest Vodka Ethernet; Transparent Reference Digital RCA-RCA; Transparent Reference XL MM2 speaker cable; Transparent Reference mains cable; PS Audio P5 PowerPlant; Artesania and Finite Elemente equipment racks 
North Somerset, UK     
(15-Jun-2016, 14:28)moreno1973 Wrote:

How big is Your room? What is the minimum size of room for S5 in Your opinion? 

Regards

My room is about 4.5 x 4.8 metres with suspended wooden floors and solid walls and they work fine here. Most people thought they would be to heavy in the bass but it is so controlled it never gets out of hand.
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers