Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Proac Response D40R
Wow this speaker now has 457 votes for SAM! Does anyone on here own this?

http://voteforsam.devialet.com/

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Guillaume,
It's now up to 554!

I think this is just another example of people manipulating the SAM voting.

Would it be too cynical to infer that Proac or Proac's dealers may have had some influence on this?

Matt

Sonos Connect (W4S) > DSpeaker Antimode 2.0 > Sanders Magtech > Martin Logan Montis
Sonos Connect (W4S) > Devialet 200 > Vivid V1.5
Silver Phantoms (just the two)
London
As I wrote in the other thread the votings are absolutely absurd!
(30-May-2014, 19:02)Nightmare Wrote: As I wrote in the other thread the votings are absolutely absurd!

haha i did send them a post and did ask whats the heck is going on Smile

Also that since in al Dev forums i am reading it haven't been mention this speaker yet by any owner as i can remember
Roon Nuceleus + Core/Tidal > Rood Ready wired ethernet > Keces P8 LPS > EtherRegan switch > D250 PRO > Sonus Faber Cremona M
Nordost Frey 2 Power cable - Blue Jeans Speaker Cables - Audioquest Diamond and Supra cat8 ethernet cables
Other: Ipad air with ROON Control / Pro Ject ground base - ISO Acoustics Orea - Herbie Tenderfoots 
"and those who were seen dancing were thougt to be insane by those who could not hear the music"

"and those who were seen dancing were thougt to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
(30-May-2014, 19:17)Petter Wrote: haha i did send them a post and did ask whats the heck is going on Smile
And what did they answer Angel
I see that, following its meteoric rise last week, the Proac D40R has now graduated to the "SAM soon" category.

Matt

Sonos Connect (W4S) > DSpeaker Antimode 2.0 > Sanders Magtech > Martin Logan Montis
London
They should feel a proper charlie for that 'voting' nonsense :-(

Unbelievable mischief...
My local dealer, who sells Devialet and Proac, is very puzzled by this. He's only sold a couple of pairs of D40Rs since they were introduced last year. And this is in an affluent part of West London. So I can't see what could be in it for Devialet. SAM-ing the D40Rs isn't going to help sell more Devialets.

This is getting stranger and stranger.

London
Devialet have been very naive with the SAM nominations. If you look at, for example, the published sales volumes of the Quad 405, it sold 10,000 per year so I guess Devialet are doing well if they sell 5,000 units a year given they are five to ten times the price of a 405 in real terms. So that is 25,000 users, maybe less, during Devialet's lifetime so far.

Why not just ask them to nominate their speaker throughout the registration system? I bet there are no combinations with a volume greater than 500 so 554 votes for some Proac unit is just daft!
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
Equally - if, like me you are in the market for speakers - you are going to look at that list very carefully - I can't really imagine buying a new pair which aren't at least SAM 'soon'. So the manufacturers, distributors and retailers can also manipulate this by ensuring the brands they sell are at the top.

I think it's a classic marketing idea which sounded great at the brainstorming but failed to see people playing the system.....!!
Pink Triangle Anniversary/SME IV/Hana Blue; Intel NUC + Roon ROCK; Devialet 440 Pro CI; Kudos Titan 707 using AXD; Kudos, Chord, Audioquest cables
Dublin, Ireland