Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KEF Reference 5 Speakers
Has anyone heard these with a Devialet 200 & SAM profile?

http://www.kef.com/html/en/showroom/hi-f...FERENCE_5/
I want to know, too

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

I was lucky enough to hear the KEF Reference 3 with D800 power last year, and was very impressed. As good as D800 powered Blades? No, but they got a lot closer than I had anticipated! Another thought I have is that I have also heard the KEF Blade with what was then a D170, and it was not a good combination. The Blade / D170 demo was back to back with a Blade D240 demo. With the D240 the bass definition was superb, with the D170 it was very poor. The reason I mention this is the Blade, like the Reference 5 is a 4 bass driver design, and so not the easiest thing to drive. Here the Reference 5 perhaps has the advantage as the drivers are a slightly smaller diameter than those used on the Blade. To be clear I am guessing slightly here, but I suspect the KEF Reference 5 with a D400 would be superb, but with a D200, maybe struggling a bit.

One last point. I did see the KEF Reference 5's at the Bristol show earlier this year, and one thing is for sure, they look superb.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12