Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Contact Cleaning
This is to report profound benefits from a very thorough cleaning of all contacts in my system.  Used Audiotop fluids and tools, and cleaned all signal and power connections.  Audiotop is a three step process, two for cleaning and one for contact enhancement.  A few connectors required repetition of the cleaning steps to remove all grunge.  Total elapsed time for the entire process a little over three hours.

Benefits: even lower noise floor, better location of instruments, and, seemingly, more retrieval of fine detail, especially in the treble.

Have made a mental note to clean again in six months.
PS Audio P20 (2) and Power Bases (2), Aurender ACS10, Devialet 400, Martin Logan Neolith, Audioquest Wild & Diamond, Synergistic: Tranq  Base, FEQ, HFT, Black Box, Active Ground Block, Devialet Special Cords, Dedicated 20 amp circuits, Cryoed Romex.
(16-Apr-2016, 23:17)I\ve ralph411 Wrote: This is to report profound benefits from a very thorough cleaning of all contacts in my system.  Used Audiotop fluids and tools, and cleaned all signal and power connections.  Audiotop is a three step process, two for cleaning and one for contact enhancement.  A few connectors required repetition of the cleaning steps to remove all grunge.  Total elapsed time for the entire process a little over three hours.

Benefits: even lower noise floor, better location of instruments, and, seemingly, more retrieval of fine detail, especially in the treble.

Have made a mental note to clean again in six months.

I've noticed that when my equipment has been disconnected for whatever reason, on re connection the sound is improved. Just the simple act of breaking/re making the joints is enough to cause a small step up in SQ.  So I make a point of disconnecting every plug/socket on the amp, including the power plugs every year when I give the rack a spring clean. Going one step further and cleaning the connections is an added improvement. Your cleaner sounds good, I might invest in some of that for next time!
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
I have noticed the same benefits in another system not yet treated with the Audiotop process.  In addition, periodic dust removal around the system using a vacuum tool close to, but not touching, system components can be helpful prevention.

Happy cleaning!
PS Audio P20 (2) and Power Bases (2), Aurender ACS10, Devialet 400, Martin Logan Neolith, Audioquest Wild & Diamond, Synergistic: Tranq  Base, FEQ, HFT, Black Box, Active Ground Block, Devialet Special Cords, Dedicated 20 amp circuits, Cryoed Romex.
Pro gold is also good stuff for cleaning and keeping contacts in good shape
Highly modded avantgarde omega duos, slightly modded d200, d-sonics m3 800 s class d amp to drive the subs of my duos, all equipment on silent running audio platforms. 
DCS Network bridge connected with AQ diamond to Router and with special Belden 1694a digital cable (cable is cryoed, mechanical damped and using very high quality solder to KLEI Harmony Bullet plug)
S/C is Shunyata biwire Delta, 2 Delta p/c on the bridge and bass amp, Synergestic dev p/c on the 200, all connected to Shunyata Denali power conditioner
(19-Apr-2016, 09:37)Duomike Wrote: Pro gold is also good stuff for cleaning and keeping contacts in good shape

I have used pro gold on audio gear in the past.  I find Audiotop to be in another league as far as impact in my system is concerned.  I continue to use pro gold for nonaudio applications and am pleased with the results.
I have used Tweek for decades. It is Stabilant 22 in a solvent. Stabilant 22 is a contact enhancing chemical which is widely used in industry.

I haven't used it on anything at mains voltage.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

(20-Apr-2016, 19:50)f1eng Wrote: I have used Tweek for decades. It is Stabilant 22 in a solvent. Stabilant 22 is a contact enhancing chemical which is widely used in industry.

I haven't used it on anything at mains voltage.

Tweek was the first contact cleaner I used many years ago.  I did use it on both power and signal contacts. 

I recall it as being cost-effective and making a difference.  Like every facet of audio, however, time and technology advance.  You might find it interesting to explore what options are in the market now.