Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gary's Home Network
[Image: My%20Home%20Network.png]

This is my current system in my home. This setup enabled me to use Roon 1.2 to stream via AIR 2.1.3 reliably. Will add other details such as speakers and other Sonos components later
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

Gary,

All I can say is WOW! That's a lot of gear just to play music, but if it works, why not?
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Haha but all of them are reasonably cheap except Le200. And the wireless routers serve my household's wifi and Internet tv/video needs, too.

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

Interesting, thanks for posting, what tool did you use to make that diagram?
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
I'm using EdrawMax Pro and graphics are downloaded from the web.

[Image: Home%20Network.png]

A revision of my home network with defined rooms and additional items. The purpose is to show that my home network is quite congested with all kinds of network intensive devices. There is another Play:1 in Dining room and a TV set-top box (wireless) connected to a projector. On 2nd Floor's TV room, there's a TV with built-in set-top box and another Xiaomi set-top box (both wireless connected to the WDR4900 router).

Hi Gary

This is so unfair - your 'complicated' system runs fine with AIR, and my simple one doesn't! Anyway, thanks for sharing, and also, a public thank-you for all your support and advice to the rest of us - I really appreciate it.

Now - please hurry up and get your Raspberry Pi - I want to benefit from your experiences there too.
NUC i5/ROCK/Roon Lifetime =>  Original d'Atelier CoreInfinity #066 => Transparent MusicWave+ =>Wilson Sophia 3
(21-Apr-2016, 22:52)Zappydev Wrote: Hi Gary

This is so unfair - your 'complicated' system runs fine with AIR, and my simple one doesn't! Anyway, thanks for sharing, and also, a public thank-you for all your support and advice to the rest of us - I really appreciate it.

Now - please hurry up and get your Raspberry Pi - I want to benefit from your experiences there too.

But, there's no AIR for Linux, so Pi may not be offering any benefit in my environment or serve my need beside giving me a chance to play around with Pi/Linux. And, USB route is not something I like to get back into. So, I don't believe I will be testing the Pi for now.

(22-Apr-2016, 01:46)hk6230 Wrote:
(21-Apr-2016, 22:52)Zappydev Wrote: Hi Gary

But, there's no AIR for Linux, so Pi may not be offering any benefit in my environment or serve my need beside giving me a chance to play around with Pi/Linux. And, USB route is not something I like to get back into. So, I don't believe I will be testing the Pi for now.

Understood. I am using SPDIF on coax from the Pi. Perhaps not quite the SQ of AIR, but better than USB from my NUC - and it doesn't keep crashing  Big Grin Big Grin
NUC i5/ROCK/Roon Lifetime =>  Original d'Atelier CoreInfinity #066 => Transparent MusicWave+ =>Wilson Sophia 3
@Zappydev, my current setup having RoonServer running on a Win10 NUC and RoonBridge + AIR 2.1.3 running on a Win 8.1, I have not encountered anymore crashes. Both systems had been running for the past 9 days and more without any glitches. Except the one time stress test of playing high bitrate music non-stop for more than 5 hours.