Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oxford Audio Consultants - Saturday 4th June
(27-Apr-2016, 18:33)Zappydev Wrote: OK - I am hoping to come along. Are you running throughout the day, or is this just a morning session ?
Alasdair's original post stated 11am 'till close, so yes, it looks like an all day session.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(27-Apr-2016, 19:24)Confused Wrote:
(27-Apr-2016, 18:33)Zappydev Wrote: OK - I am hoping to come along. Are you running throughout the day, or is this just a morning session ?
Alasdair's original post stated 11am 'till close, so yes, it looks like an all day session.

Note to self: open your eyes, man Blush  Blush

Thank you !
NUC i5/ROCK/Roon Lifetime =>  Original d'Atelier CoreInfinity #066 => Transparent MusicWave+ =>Wilson Sophia 3
As a minor update, and a bit of a thread 'bump'. I was visiting Oxford Audio yesterday, and noting that this thread had been a little quiet, I asked to confirm if the June 4th event is still on.

A simple answer to this one, yes, it is on!
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Confused is right, the streamer day is very much on. All are welcome!

Having had a trial run of the two-box monster on Saturday, I strongly recommend anyone seriously considering a high-end front end to their Devialet to come in and have a listen.

Regards

Alasdair
(23-May-2016, 09:32)oxfordaudio Wrote: Confused is right, the streamer day is very much on. All are welcome!

Having had a trial run of the two-box monster on Saturday, I strongly recommend anyone seriously considering a high-end front end to their Devialet to come in and have a listen.

Regards

Alasdair

Better than AIR 3 Alasdair?! It's in the diary and I definitely plan on being there.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
You'll have to see for yourself!

It was honestly one of those systems (with Blades and D800) on Saturday that just blew you away. We get treated to so many great systems upstairs when doing demos that I think you notice it even more when a combination surpasses great and becomes phenomenal. You may think I'm heaping the praise on a little heavy but it destroyed the Aurender W20 that we held as our reference digital component!

See you on Saturday

Alasdair
(23-May-2016, 10:48)oxfordaudio Wrote: You'll have to see for yourself!

It was honestly one of those systems (with Blades and D800) on Saturday that just blew you away. We get treated to so many great systems upstairs when doing demos that I think you notice it even more when a combination surpasses great and becomes phenomenal. You may think I'm heaping the praise on a little heavy but it destroyed the Aurender W20 that we held as our reference digital component!

See you on Saturday

Alasdair

You mean the 4th right?

Guillaume

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(23-May-2016, 10:48)oxfordaudio Wrote: You'll have to see for yourself!

See you on Saturday

Alasdair

Alasdair is right, it did sound very good indeed, sensational in fact.  Better than AIR 3?  I have never heard AIR 3, and I believe Alasdair has not had time yet to try it either.  However, was it better than the W20?  Yes, comfortably.  So I suspect AIR 3 might struggle a bit in this particular head to head.  In the interests of balance, AIR 3 is cheaper ........
Guillaume, you are quite right! Next Saturday...

My head is in another place, trying to get the shop back to status quo after a busy weekend and dealing with a rep-pocolypse!

Alasdair
(23-May-2016, 11:01)oxfordaudio Wrote: Guillaume, you are quite right! Next Saturday...

My head is in another place, trying to get the shop back to status quo after a busy weekend and dealing with a rep-pocolypse!

Alasdair

Alasdair - may I suggest a few advance details to whet the appetite so to speak?

Guillaume

UK