Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oxford Audio Consultants - Saturday 4th June
(25-May-2016, 11:10)oxfordaudio Wrote: Right, lets get some enthusiasm back in this thread. Thanks for the offer of the Rendu Swlon but we will already have a heap of stuff good to go.

(Just FYI, the offer was technically to attendees such as Rufus and Confused, since they'd mentioned it would be nice to compare it or something like it)

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

A question to the good people of Oxford Audio. I note that Melco are on you list of kit to be demoed, I presume these will be running the new Melco V3 firmware that was released last week? Have you had a chance to try the N1Z or N1ZH with the new firmware? I note Rufus has reported a decent SQ upgrade with the new firmware on the N1A, which makes me wonder how much better the 'Z' models might perform?
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Good afternoon,

We will indeed have the V.3 firmware running and will have both the Z and ZH models ready to go. I did think that there was an improvement to our N1ZH, not stellar, but an improvement none the less.

Regards

Alasdair
Will you have an N1A?
The v3 update for my N1A is really significant. It's sounding wonderful. In addition I switched to a striped disk volume format a few months ago and this sounded a fair bit better to me too. It's the most efficient option in terms of read access so disk I/O wait times would reduce. This probably wouldn't make much difference effect on the SSD-equipped models as disk read times would be way faster anyway.
(23-May-2016, 21:15)Confused Wrote:
(23-May-2016, 18:58)Rufus McDufus Wrote: It would be nice to get a current/popular cheap-ish NAA device, perhaps a microRendu? I realise if there are too many devices to compare it'll just get confusing and setting the stuff up constantly is a pain.

Great idea!  I suggest we fly Antoine in with his microRendu / Mutec combo.  Of course, Antoine may well have better things to do, it would be interesting though.

I'd love to "help" you guys out but it's a bit too far away for me personally. Smile Enjoy the day though, plenty to compare!
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
I am only a short bus ride away so I will probably bimble over, even though I have drifted away from streaming over the last few years. It will be great to see everybody and find out how these things are these days.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

Roughly when are people intending to be at the event on Saturday? Other things being equal, I hope to be there late morning to early afternoon. I'm very much looking forward to to hearing the state-of-the-art streaming set-ups, and to a bit of a DC get-together.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(01-Jun-2016, 19:34)thumb5 Wrote: Roughly when are people intending to be at the event on Saturday?  Other things being equal, I hope to be there late morning to early afternoon.  I'm very much looking forward to to hearing the state-of-the-art streaming set-ups, and to a bit of a DC get-together.

I'm planning on getting there late am. Should be fun.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
My bus arrives around 10:30. Probably break for a sensible lunch then back later.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

10:42am, or thereabouts
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12