Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HDPlex based W2012 Server + Linear PS
The writing is on the wall! Passing my 66th birthday reaffirmed my increasing disinterest in 'fiddling' and tweaking HiFi which I used to love doing.... Rolleyes

5 months ago I purchased with great enthusiasm, a full Black HDPlex H5 chassis together with all the PSU bits + Mobo + PSU + JCat USB Card + Samsung SSD + Paul Pang Red Sata cable etc and put it all together - eventually I managed to get the server O/S up-n-running (Essentials) then added HQ Player... all worked great....Brill sound & SQ...

...until a few days ago, when for some reason the server was no longer seeing the Devialet USB audio driver! This happened once before, and I can't remember what I did to fix it. I know it was convoluted, but once you know..it doesn't take long, but Frankly, this time I didn't even try!... Had enough, and would rather leave this to a younger version of myself who has computer o/s skills... I now, just want the easy-life! Sad, isn't it! Blush

... So, folks, all this stuff a few months old + a PPA Clock (OCXO not yet fitted) + a second complete BLACK HDPLEX H5 CHASSIS, still unopened together with a second HDPLEX Linear PS! Overall has cost me around 3k , and is up-for-grabs including W2012 and HQ Player system license for half price.

Make me a realistic offer and it's yours! Nothing silly please...I would rather just keep it!

Keith
Fairford UK area - Devialet 440, Aurender Streamer- Linked to QNAP NAS 453mini - Triangle Signature Deltas, Van Damme Professional Blue Series Studio Grade 2 x 4.0 mm cables, Moon Neo 260D DC Transport, Dell notebook Client linked both ethernet & wifi.