Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dr AIX on Devialet Phantom
Just saw the following article from Dr AIX dissing Devialet's Phantom.  Mostly about its over the top claims and overuse of techno acronyms.  On top of that, in his typical subjective and abusive manner, he is basically writing off Devialets as nothing more than Bose or B&O, built for rich audio fools with more cash than brains.

http://www.realhd-audio.com/?p=5456

While I do agree that Devialet's marketing geniuses are at times insulting our intelligence with their hyperbole, being a user of their expert line I think the marketing people are doing their products a disservice.

And I think Dr AIX is mixing Benchmark's AHD with Devialet's ADH?

Someone in the know care enough may want to clarify that with the good doctor.

He can get a bit over zealous in calling everyone phony.
I totally agree with the bloke in the first few comments.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
I've got some of Mark Waldrep's recordings. They are very good, but nothing to write home about.
How anybody can slag off a piece of equipment that they have never heard is a bit hard to swallow, though.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(25-Apr-2016, 12:21)Pim van Vliet Wrote: I totally agree with the bloke in the first few comments.

Ha ha! Me too.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
I also own a few AIX recordings, I find them too forward sounding. Can't get used to the sound. The music was also nothing special.

But I know they are all quite highly regarded.
Did you also note his observations on a Nordost Cable demo at Axpona....essentially accused them of wholesale commercial fraud and deceit by altering the volume and playing alternate tracks of the same song to show the superiority of their more pricey products.
This taken from an email:

Late on Saturday afternoon, a young man came into my room and reported on the power cord demo that he had experienced in the Nordost in room 450 of the Westin Hotel. What he described was disturbing. He told me that he sat in the front of the room while the presenter swapped out progressively more expensive 6-foot power cables. The cost of the cables ranged from $1.98 to $6000!! And the sound of the system was improved with each new cable...or at least the amplitude coming out of the speakers got louder each time a more expensive cable was hooked up. From his perspective, he told me he saw the presenter turning up the volume when the cables were switched. Sounds like the trick that the producers of the Home Electronics by D-Tronics pulled with the AudioQuest HDMI cables YT video several months ago.

As you can probably gather, he is somewhat of a cable sceptic.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(27-Apr-2016, 12:46)Axel Wrote: This taken from an email:

Late on Saturday afternoon, a young man came into my room and reported on the power cord demo that he had experienced in the Nordost in room 450 of the Westin Hotel. What he described was disturbing. He told me that he sat in the front of the room while the presenter swapped out progressively more expensive 6-foot power cables. The cost of the cables ranged from $1.98 to $6000!! And the sound of the system was improved with each new cable...or at least the amplitude coming out of the speakers got louder each time a more expensive cable was hooked up. From his perspective, he told me he saw the presenter turning up the volume when the cables were switched. Sounds like the trick that the producers of the Home Electronics by D-Tronics pulled with the AudioQuest HDMI cables YT video several months ago.

As you can probably gather, he is somewhat of a cable sceptic.
Be interested in how this plays out, the lawyers are involved now.
Roon, Rega P9 + Dynavector XX2Mk2 > 440 Pro > Sonus Faber Guarneri Evolution
Well they sent him a cease and desist letter, LOL! Big Grin Maybe Devialet should do the same. Wink

http://www.realhd-audio.com/?p=5677
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
This Mark is an 'idiot'. Writing about Phantoms without even hearing them. A lot of nonsence.