Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
High impedance Headphone connect directly to speaker outputs.
I have a technical enquiry... about my Devialet 200.

Can I connect directly some to my high impedance headphones type Audeze LCD-4 15w (200 ohm) or Sennheiser HD800 (300 ohm) put at the minimun lowering the output power of 200 Devialet, or would have some reliability problem due to impedance.

There are many fans in recent times to high-fidelity headphones, people have to buy dedicated amplifiers for drive it, such high impedance and power. Would be a goal for Devialet if through the configurator could adapt the Devialet to feed these headphone directly .

Thanks for help me. 
(26-Apr-2016, 14:48)Gomiki Wrote: I have a technical enquiry... about my Devialet 200.

Can I connect directly some to my high impedance headphones type Audeze LCD-4 15w (200 ohm) or Sennheiser HD800 (300 ohm) put at the minimun lowering the output power of 200 Devialet, or would have some reliability problem due to impedance.

There are many fans in recent times to high-fidelity headphones, people have to buy dedicated amplifiers for drive it, such high impedance and power. Would be a goal for Devialet if through the configurator could adapt the Devialet to feed these headphone directly .

Thanks for help me. 

I've been running my Sennheiser HD800s directly from the Ds pre-amp output with great success.
If I understand you correctly, you want to lower the output of the D. I haven't tried this, but can't see any reason why it shouldn't work. You'll probably have to turn the volume right up though.
It is easy to set up the configurator: Under General Settings Startup Mode, tick the Sub/ Preout Box
Open the settings for the pair of inputs next to the AES/EBU input and tick the Pre-amplified Output (Stereo) circle. At the bottom of the page, untick the "mute applies to this output" circle.
You will need to buy an adaptor cable to go from two RCA phono plugs to stereo female jack socket.
Plug your 'phones into this, select and play your source, press the mute button on the remote which should mute your speakers, but not the 'phones output and you should be good to go.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(26-Apr-2016, 15:53)Axel Wrote:
(26-Apr-2016, 14:48)Gomiki Wrote: I have a technical enquiry... about my Devialet 200.

Thanks for help me. 

I've been running my Sennheiser HD800s directly from the Ds pre-amp output with great success.
If I understand you correctly, you want to lower the output of the D. I haven't tried this, but can't see any reason why it shouldn't work. You'll probably have to turn the volume right up though.
It is easy to set up the configurator: Under General Settings Startup Mode, tick the Sub/ Preout Box
Open the settings for the pair of inputs next to the AES/EBU input and tick the Pre-amplified Output (Stereo) circle. At the bottom of the page, untick the "mute applies to this output" circle.
You will need to buy an adaptor cable to go from two RCA phono plugs to stereo female jack socket.
Plug your 'phones into this, select and play your source, press the mute button on the remote which should mute your speakers, but not the 'phones output and you should be good to go.

No sorry, you don't understand me...
Say directly to SPEAKER OUTPUTS , not preamplifier, the preamp output in Devialet is of low current, this preamp out don't drive correct high impedance headphone, I have been owner HD800 and listened powerless, lifeless, even raising the output to max 4 volts, since this output without intensity current (ampere)
. Only drives well low impedance headphones, type Fostex TH900 or Audeze LCD-X .
For everything else dedicated headphone amplifier is needed

Thanks.
Surely high-impedance headphones would be a better match (than low-impedance headphones) to the pre-amp output since they would need a lower current (but possibly higher voltage)...no?
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(26-Apr-2016, 16:27)thumb5 Wrote: Surely high-impedance headphones would be a better match (than low-impedance headphones) to the pre-amp output since they would need a lower current (but possibly higher voltage)...no?

Speaker or Headphone are drive by current not voltage,.. votage too clearly... by it is move current. LCD-4 Audeze for example have 15w power max , normaly 4w, well below the power that can give the Devialer at its output preamp.

Thanks
I'm sure I remember this being done by some Naim users, so I don't see why not. Have you asked your dealer?
(26-Apr-2016, 17:04)Soniclife Wrote: estoy seguro de que recuerdo esta siendo realizado por algunos usuarios Naim, así que no veo por qué no. ¿Le ha pedido a su distribuidor?
Yes, yes, I send an inquiry to Devialet support, but I figured someone on the forum would have some experience in this. And as I'm looking forward to trying and I can not wait for the official response, je,je
(26-Apr-2016, 16:06)Gomiki Wrote:
(26-Apr-2016, 15:53)Axel Wrote:

Thanks for help me. 

No sorry, you don't understand me...
Say directly to SPEAKER OUTPUTS , not preamplifier, the preamp output in Devialet is of low current, this preamp out don't drive correct high impedance headphone, I have been owner HD800 and listened powerless, lifeless, even raising the output to max 4 volts, since this output without intensity current (ampere)
. Only drives well  low impedance headphones, type Fostex TH900 or Audeze LCD-X .
For everything else dedicated headphone amplifier is needed

Thanks.

Sorry, didn't see anything about SPEAKER OUTPUTS in your original post.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(26-Apr-2016, 17:13)Axel Wrote: Sorry, didn't see anything about SPEAKER OUTPUTS in your original post.

It's in the thread title  Wink
(26-Apr-2016, 20:03)Soniclife Wrote:
(26-Apr-2016, 17:13)Axel Wrote: Sorry, didn't see anything about SPEAKER OUTPUTS in your original post.

It's in the thread title  Wink

True , I mention it only in the title, sorry for this .. Shy