Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
High impedance Headphone connect directly to speaker outputs.
(26-Apr-2016, 20:25)Gomiki Wrote:
(26-Apr-2016, 20:03)Soniclife Wrote:
(26-Apr-2016, 17:13)Axel Wrote: Sorry, didn't see anything about SPEAKER OUTPUTS in your original post.

It's in the thread title  Wink

True , I mention it only in the title, sorry for this .. Shy

My mistake for not reading the header.  Rolleyes

Have you tried hooking them up to the speaker inputs yet? Perhaps if you started at minimum volume you wouldn't do any harm to the 'phones or the D. I'm interested to hear the results.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
driving my 16 ohms duos with my 200 and had the idea to put a 10 ohm 20 watt resistors with banana plugs across the speaker terminals so that the amplifier sees a more normal impedance. surprisingly it did slightly improve the sound. you could try this with your headphones and as already mentioned lower the max output to lowest setting.

no doubt this will work. only question is how low you have to play the dev for a comfortable level with your headphone. below -20 it loses resolution quickly which you will pick up with your highres headphones in a heartbeat.

only way to know is to try. good luck. let us know how it goes
Highly modded avantgarde omega duos, slightly modded d200, d-sonics m3 800 s class d amp to drive the subs of my duos, all equipment on silent running audio platforms. 
DCS Network bridge connected with AQ diamond to Router and with special Belden 1694a digital cable (cable is cryoed, mechanical damped and using very high quality solder to KLEI Harmony Bullet plug)
S/C is Shunyata biwire Delta, 2 Delta p/c on the bridge and bass amp, Synergestic dev p/c on the 200, all connected to Shunyata Denali power conditioner
(28-Apr-2016, 10:39)Duomike Wrote: conducir mis 16 ohmios dúos con mi 200 y tuvo la idea de poner a 10 ohmios resistencias 20 vatios con enchufes de plátano a través de los terminales de los altavoces para que el amplificador ve una impedancia más normal. Sorprendentemente, se mejoró ligeramente el sonido. usted podría intentar esto con sus auriculares y, como ya se ha mencionado más bajo sea el máximo de salida de nivel más bajo. Sin duda esto va a funcionar. única pregunta es qué tan bajo que tiene que jugar el dev para un nivel cómodo con sus auriculares. por debajo de -20 pierde resolución rápida, que va a recoger con sus auriculares en alta resolución en un latido del corazón. única forma de saberlo es probar. buena suerte. háganos saber cómo va
Thanks for reply.. Note that if I lower to 30w on 6 ohm with Configurator ,, If you connect the Audeze 200 ohm, the equivalent power on that impedance between one to two watts, I am convinced that work without problem. But I don't know  affects to Devialet high impedance at the output speaker, I prefer to wait for the official reply Devialet support before play..

Anyway publish here the answer if someone is helpful..

https://diyaudioheaven.wordpress.com/tut...p-adapter/
Devialet mail me:

Roger (Devialet)
May 12, 11:31

Dear Sir,

It seems that you did not receive my previous messages.

There is of course no restriction to connect your Audeze LCD-4. However, Even by limiting the amplifier's power, you need to be careful not to put too much power by setting the volume level too high.

In conclusion, our system can do it even if we would recommend to use the pre-amplified output.
Best Regards,
(13-May-2016, 03:17)Gomiki Wrote: Devialet mail me:

Roger (Devialet)
May 12, 11:31

Dear Sir,

It seems that you did not receive my previous messages.

There is of course no restriction to connect your Audeze LCD-4. However, Even by limiting the amplifier's power, you need to be careful not to put too much power by setting the volume level too high.

In conclusion, our system can do it even if we would recommend to use the pre-amplified output.
Best Regards,
Gomiki,
just do as I suggested. put a 10 ohm power resistor accross the binding post. the dev does not sound good into high impedances. even into the 16 ohm loads of my duos it sound is compromised. few days ago one of my audio buddies came over. first we listened with the resistors accross the speaker terminals. then i removed them. he looked at me surprised and said sounds a lot more natural with the resistors inserted.

the dev is said to be able to handle loads from 2 to 16 ohms which it can but probably sounds best with impedances somewhere in the middle of that range!
Highly modded avantgarde omega duos, slightly modded d200, d-sonics m3 800 s class d amp to drive the subs of my duos, all equipment on silent running audio platforms. 
DCS Network bridge connected with AQ diamond to Router and with special Belden 1694a digital cable (cable is cryoed, mechanical damped and using very high quality solder to KLEI Harmony Bullet plug)
S/C is Shunyata biwire Delta, 2 Delta p/c on the bridge and bass amp, Synergestic dev p/c on the 200, all connected to Shunyata Denali power conditioner
(28-Apr-2016, 11:42)Gomiki Wrote:
(28-Apr-2016, 10:39)Duomike Wrote: mal Conducir 16 ohmios dúos con mi 200 y Tuvo la idea de Poner a 10 ohmios Resistencias 20 Vatios con enchufes de plátano un Través de los terminales de los Altavoces párr Que El amplificador ve Una impedancia más Reservas normal. Sorprendentemente, se mejoró Ligeramente el sonido. Usted podria · intentar ESTO con SUS Auriculares y, Como ya se ha mencionado Más Bajo el mar Máximo de salida de Nivel Más Bajo. Sin duda ESTO VA un funcionar. Única PREGUNTA ES Qué tan bajo Que Tiene Que jugar el dev PARA UN Nivel Cómodo con SUS Auriculares. Por debajo de -20 pierde Resolución Rápida, Que Va una Recoger con SUS Auriculares en Alta Resolución en la ONU latido del Corazón. Única forma de saberlo es activo probar. buena suerte. haganos saber como va
Gracias por la respuesta .. Tenga en cuenta que si baja a 30w el 6 ohmios con configurador ,, Si conecta el Audeze 200 ohmios, la potencia equivalente en esa impedancia entre una a dos vatios, estoy convencido de que el trabajo sin ningún problema. Pero no sé afecta a Devialet alta impedancia en la salida del altavoz, prefiero esperar a que el apoyo Devialet respuesta oficial antes de jugar ..  De todos modos publicar aquí la respuesta si alguien es muy útil .. https://diyaudioheaven.wordpress.com / tutoriales / potencia de amperios-adaptador /

(13-May-2016, 10:08)Duomike Wrote:
(13-May-2016, 03:17)Gomiki Wrote: Devialet mail me: Roger (Devialet) 12 de mayo de once y treinta y uno Estimado señor, Parece que usted no recibió mis mensajes anteriores. Hay, por supuesto hay restricción para conectar su Audeze LCD-4. Sin embargo, incluso mediante la limitación de potencia del amplificador, es necesario tener cuidado de no poner demasiada energía ajustando el nivel de volumen demasiado alto. En conclusión, nuestro sistema puede hacerlo aunque le recomendamos utilizar la salida preamplificada. Mejor Saludos,
Gomiki,
acaba de hacer como he sugerido. poner un ohm resistencia de potencia 10 al otro lado del puesto de conexión. el dev no suena bien en altas impedancias. incluso en las cargas 16 ohmios de mis duos que suene se ve comprometida. Hace unos días uno de mis compañeros de audio se acercó. primero escuchamos con las resistencias cruzando los terminales de los altavoces. entonces me las quité. Me miró sorprendido y suena mucho más natural con las resistencias insertadas dijo. el dev se dice que es capaz de manejar cargas de 2 a 16 ohmios que se puede, pero probablemente suena mejor con impedancias en algún lugar en medio de ese rango!

Maybe I should buy a box like this and adapt internal resistance to the impedance of my Headphone ...

http://www.hifiheadphones.co.uk/hifiman-...hones.html

Specifications

Input: Speaker Connector

Output: 4 pin XLR

Resistors in parallel: 10 Ohm

Resistors in series: 25 Ohm

Size: 16.5 cm * 12.2 cm * 7.5 cm or 6.5 inch * 4.8 inch * 2.9 inch

Weight: 542 g or 1.2 lb