Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
New product launch?
(28-Apr-2016, 13:33)G51 Wrote:
(28-Apr-2016, 08:37)RobertJB Wrote: http://www.hifisentralen.no/forumet/bran...sa-du.html

We are visiting Devialet in Versailles and has already been surprised with a great news!
A thought many Phontom owners toys look and often proves to be a reality. It will namely shortly be possible to set up Devialet's acclaimed speaker surround (5.0). We come with more information consecutively!

If the exciting news is something like surround Phantom system, it is a really very bad news for Expert line users who are mostly focusing on SQ 2 channel playback plus a reliable AIR. Integration with Dialog and Phantom is not a big deal for me.

Based on what I read on this forum, a lot of people have been struggling with 2-channel Phantoms. Imagine the fun and games when there are five of the buggers  Confused Confused
NUC i5/ROCK/Roon Lifetime =>  Original d'Atelier CoreInfinity #066 => Transparent MusicWave+ =>Wilson Sophia 3
(28-Apr-2016, 13:33)G51 Wrote:
(28-Apr-2016, 08:37)RobertJB Wrote: http://www.hifisentralen.no/forumet/bran...sa-du.html

We are visiting Devialet in Versailles and has already been surprised with a great news!
A thought many Phontom owners toys look and often proves to be a reality. It will namely shortly be possible to set up Devialet's acclaimed speaker surround (5.0). We come with more information consecutively!

If the exciting news is something like surround Phantom system, it is a really very bad news for Expert line users who are mostly focusing on SQ 2 channel playback plus a reliable AIR. Integration with Dialog and Phantom is not a big deal for me.

Absolutely agree.
So, they got dealers together to announce something they promised a year ago? Sounds about right for Devialet these days.
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

(28-Apr-2016, 10:53)Xander Wrote: 5 of these Phantoms in the living room around the big screen.... I don't think I would make my wife happy with that :-)

They had that setup at the Montreal Audio Show (March/2016) and it was pretty impressive!

http://www.stereophile.com/content/montr...YUsdLjG.97
Well, we're all going to have a to wait and see I guess, but this thread has certainly set my expectations low. And I mean they were low already….

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(28-Apr-2016, 15:06)samurai7595 Wrote:
(28-Apr-2016, 10:53)Xander Wrote: 5 of these Phantoms in the living room around the big screen.... I don't think I would make my wife happy with that :-)

They had that setup at the Montreal Audio Show (March/2016) and it was pretty impressive!

http://www.stereophile.com/content/montr...YUsdLjG.97

I am worried that Devialet  thinks its Expert products are good enough and 'Good enough' is OK for them. And they do not admit there are problems.
Guillaume and I both texted Jon of Oxford Audio Consultants (which I guess is the UK's top dealership) thinking that my net spending of c.£70k and Guillaume's of quite a bit might get a morsel of what's happening at Versailles today - but Jon has had to sign an NDA so his lips are sealed.

So we speculate that the hot news is one of:

1 New small cheap DAC/amplifier (boring)
2 New board to replace the existing AIR one (without any AIR solution promised)
3 Dialog integration with Expert (even more boring)
4 active wireless rechargeable headphones (though this has been denied)
5 domestic liquorice allsorts* making machine (most likely)

* I live in Pontefract, the home of the liquorice allsort
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
No. 2 will coming 09.2016 - that's!
(28-Apr-2016, 16:22)IanG-UK Wrote: ….
So we speculate that the hot news is one of:

1 New small cheap DAC/amplifier (boring)
2 New board to replace the existing AIR one (without any AIR solution promised)
3 Dialog integration with Expert (even more boring)
4 active wireless rechargeable headphones (though this has been denied)
5 domestic liquorice allsorts* making machine (most likely)

Mmmm, I hope that's not a sneaky attempt to get a late entry into the Predictions 2016?! Big Grin Wink

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(28-Apr-2016, 16:48)ghosttipper Wrote: No. 2 will coming 09.2016 - that's!

I certainly believe that AIR will not be fixed by SW alone, but needs HW too, so #2 gets my vote  Big Grin
NUC i5/ROCK/Roon Lifetime =>  Original d'Atelier CoreInfinity #066 => Transparent MusicWave+ =>Wilson Sophia 3