Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Luis' system
Hello everybody,

Again, thanks to everyone for sharing wisdom on this (expensive) hobby of ours! Right now my system is like this:

* 2008 MacBook Pro, connected via Ethernet/AIR straight into a...

* Dev 120, running 7.1, driving...

* Q Acoustic Concept 20 speakers

Happy, but thinking about upgrading speakers.

Thanks!

Luis
Hi Luis,

Which speakers have you been looking at?

Martyn
Hi Martin,

I've been looking particularly at KEF LS50s. I heard and really liked the ATC SCM 11, but it didn't blow me away. The rest I'm looking at are the Atohm GT1 and some B&W: the 685 s2 or the CM5. Have you heard any of them? What do you think? I must confess that the fact that the KEFs and the Atohms have been SAMed gives them some preference... But the Atohms and the ATCs are maybe a bit too expensive for me right now.

Thanks for your help, cheers!

L
Well, I finally went for the KEF LS50s. I'm very happy about the choice. Certainly a step forward in sound quality, and being SAMed I found several bass notes that were missing from the music I played. Still in burn-in period, but the difference is clear from the beginning.

Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MBPro 2008 > Dev 120 > KEF LS50. Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Congrats on the KEF LS50s. Let's know about how the sound improves further after you run them in
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
Will do, thanks Amabrok!

Superb speakers. I owned a pair for a bit and had great results using a NAD M2 an integrated that has a lot in common with devialet including a world class noise floor. The Ls50s compete with speakers costing far more IMO. With SAM they must be incredible. Congrats!
Thanks, Jaxwired! :-)