Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to set Display brightness on Companion?
Hi,
I'm new to this forum and also to being a Devialet user. So far I'm mostly happy with the products and the change from Musical Fidelity kW-series.
I have a D400 setup at the moment (one D200 + one Companion).
For my taste the display is a bit too bright at the factory setting, so I decided to lower it one step, via the online configuration tool (plus a bunch of other settings too). However, it doesn't seem to change the setting for the Companion, so it's still too bright. How can I change the setting for the Companion, the same way?
Ken - a new Devialet fan, located in Sweden  Cool
(12-May-2016, 15:10)KenH Wrote: Hi,
I'm new to this forum and also to being a Devialet user. So far I'm mostly happy with the products and the change from Musical Fidelity kW-series.
For my taste the display is a bit too bright at the factory setting, so I decided to lower it one step, via the online configuration tool (plus a bunch of other settings too). However, it doesn't seem to change the setting for the Companion, so it's still too bright. How can I change the setting for the Companion, the same way?

Hi Ken, and welcome to Devialet Chat!

There is only one place to specify the brightness of the display: In the General Settings of the Master, so if this doesn't change the brightness of the Companion, perhaps it might be worth querying it with Devialet support, they may be able to make a special config file for you.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(13-May-2016, 04:15)Axel Wrote:
(12-May-2016, 15:10)KenH Wrote: Hi,

Hi Ken, and welcome to Devialet Chat!

There is only one place to specify the brightness of the display: In the General Settings of the Master, so if this doesn't change the brightness of the Companion, perhaps it might be worth querying it with Devialet support, they may be able to make a special config file for you.

Mine is a disconcertingly annoying!...so annoying, I take it out on the cat if she is in the vicinity!
The Master is duller (must be an energy-saving bulb in there!) than the slave (the newer one) which is bright white!

...NOT that I am picky or anything!
Fairford UK area - Devialet 440, Aurender Streamer- Linked to QNAP NAS 453mini - Triangle Signature Deltas, Van Damme Professional Blue Series Studio Grade 2 x 4.0 mm cables, Moon Neo 260D DC Transport, Dell notebook Client linked both ethernet & wifi.
Same issue here. Recently bought another 220. The display light of the older 220 is not that bright white. Has devialet changed the type of light over the years?