Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Internal streamer (Devialet Expert) at the end of 2016
Well I guess it all depends on buyer's expectation. I bought the OdA for their good looks and great reviews I read in this chat and other forums, not knowing there's an ongoing AIR issue and Devialet's non-chalant attitudes towards its user base. I never have the intention to use AIR as I firmly believe a dedicated server will outperform a computer. Until now I'm still still using a CD transport to deliver digital into the OdA. AIR3b and the discovery of ROON changed all this, I will jump to AIR bandwagon only if I'm certain it will work well, but I won't get pissed if it doesn't, simply because I do not have any expectation on AIR at all. However, if the DAC or the ADH suck I would be greatly disappointed.

By the way, on the upgrade time line, what I have heard is new firmware in July, hardware upgrade from Sept, UPnP feature in January.
Technics SL-1200G | Ortofon Cadenza Bronze | Audio Technica AT-ART9 | Hana ML
Nucleus+ | Melco N1ZS/2EX | D100 | S100 | Telegärtner M12 | Accustic Arts Drive II
Devialet Original d'Atelier | Vivid Audio G3 Giya
Gold Phantom Opéra de Paris
S  I  N  G  A  P  O  R  E
(02-Jun-2016, 22:01)Antoine Wrote: Just listened to this sublime performance (three times in a row actually) in a dimly lit room and feel 'grounded' again. So for those appreciating this 'healing effect' as well, for example because of the negativity I'm afraid I started here in this thread, sharing this for you. 
Avro Pärt's music is always a good way to find back to the music und to stop thinking to much on the electronic reproducing it. By chance I heard his "Passio" yesterday.
Bricasti M1 SE DAC -> Pass labs XP30 & XP25 phono -> Bryston B28sst2 -> Sonus Faber Amati Futura  -> JRiver MC 21 -> Synology NAS / Quboz  - Denon DP 7000 SME 5012
D1000pro -> Magico V2 -> Fanless NUC i5 (Broadwell) -> Jriver MC 21/ Bauer DPS3i / Lyra Kleos
(12-May-2016, 15:52)Rufus McDufus Wrote: I can't help thinking people with AIR problems should at least be eligible for a discount. Some people already paid up to £1000 for the AIR card as an extra which until very recently (and still not necessarily fixed for all) hasn't worked 100%.

Thanks Rufus.  I think I'm the idiot who payed for Air ':.