Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
wi-fi problems
Wi-Fi problems for newbie.

Yesterday I got my upgraded 220 pro back from the factory and I have run into a challenge that was not there before.
Due to a Computer crash I had to move my Mac Mini away from my stereo setup to be a replacement my old iMac.
I wanted to connect D220 pro via wi-fi to Mac mini and have succeeded , but the sound sometimes stutter or just fades away completely, and then connects again. This could last for seconds or minutes or even longer.
I am feeding my D220 pro with a AES/EBU signal from a CD player and that works fine. For the Mac Mini part, it is connected to a WD MyCloud Mirror NAS.  also I use Audirvana Plus ver.2.6. Preferred audio device Devialet Air 3.0.
As you can imagine this is very annoying and I am now turning to the group for help.Can you link me to somewhere so I can enjoy my record collection that is stored on the NAS. I have tried to use a proper USB cable direct between the NAS and D200 pro but with no luck.

Anyone out there that can take the challenge and bring back sound via Air?
I think I am having the same problem. Since I gut my Upgraded 220 I can no longer reliably stream from my MacBook Pro when the music source is the internet. streaming with iTunes or a CD works great. This was not a problem with my pre upgrade 120. Any ideas from anyone?
(07-Dec-2016, 11:26)Bjartmar Wrote: Wi-Fi problems for newbie.

Yesterday I got my upgraded 220 pro back from the factory and I have run into a challenge that was not there before.
Due to a Computer crash I had to move my Mac Mini away from my stereo setup to be a replacement my old iMac.
I wanted to connect D220 pro via wi-fi to Mac mini and have succeeded , but the sound sometimes stutter or just fades away completely, and then connects again. This could last for seconds or minutes or even longer.
I am feeding my D220 pro with a AES/EBU signal from a CD player and that works fine. For the Mac Mini part, it is connected to a WD MyCloud Mirror NAS.  also I use Audirvana Plus ver.2.6. Preferred audio device Devialet Air 3.0.
As you can imagine this is very annoying and I am now turning to the group for help.Can you link me to somewhere so I can enjoy my record collection that is stored on the NAS. I have tried to use a proper USB cable direct between the NAS and D200 pro but with no luck.

Anyone out there that can take the challenge and bring back sound via Air?

Hi, and welcome!
Because you haven't had this problem before, it might be logical to suspect the 220 if it's the only thing that's been changed, but reading your last line, it sounds like it might be something to do with the NAS. As long as the USB port is switched on in the Configurator, you should be getting music. I'm  not the best person to comment on AIR, because I don't use it but It could be an AIR problem causing your dropouts, but if you haven't suffered with this in the past...
Have you tried hooking the Mac up to the amp with an Ethernet cable?
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
Problems streaming with wifi using AIR for Mac are well known. I've certainly had my share. A few things to try. Be sure you are using the most current firmware version. Uninstall your current firmware and reinstall a new copy. I assume you are using the the beta version of AIR for Mac which is the most current version. Try streaming from the Mac without using your NAS to test wireless streaming. Good luck
iMac 2021, Roon, home wifi, Devialet Phantom I x 2
Are you using a 2.4 GHz or 5.0Ghz Wifi channel for the Mac Mini and the Devialet?

How far away is each device from your router?

What router are you using?
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
Thank you all for your posts. I will get back when I have tried out several options. I must clear up one misunderstanding. My 200 was never attached to wi-fi. I used the eth cable. I will try to plug in another USB HD when I have a proper cable with the right plugs to find out if the "no sound" problem comes from the NAS. My non wi-fi router is connected to my 3rd gen Time Capsule. I have looked up which channel I am using but I am not sure which. Looks like there are two connected, both 2,4 and 5,0 Ghz. Distance between computer and 200 is 3meter.
I can also add during playing last night which worked fine most of the evening, the sound changed, almost like a radio reception that is not properly tuned in to the station. Starting up this morning no connection at all over wi-fi, but after a few minutes the sound was back. I used internet radio as a sound source. Thats it for now.
(08-Dec-2016, 08:56)Bjartmar Wrote: Thank you all for your posts. I will get back when I have tried out several options. I must clear up one misunderstanding. My 200 was never attached to wi-fi. I used the eth cable. I will try to plug in another USB HD when I have a proper cable with the right plugs to find out if the "no sound" problem comes from the NAS. My non wi-fi router is connected to my 3rd gen Time Capsule. I have looked up which channel I am using but I am not sure which. Looks like there are two connected, both 2,4 and 5,0 Ghz. Distance between computer and 200 is 3meter.
I can also add during playing last night which worked fine most of the evening, the sound changed, almost like a radio reception that is not properly tuned in to the station. Starting up this morning no connection at all over wi-fi, but after a few minutes the sound was back. I used internet radio as a sound source. Thats it for now.

Well, if it's only the amp and the fact that you're trying to use wireless that have changed...Air?
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England