Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
AIR 3 beta for Windows
(27-Jun-2016, 17:00)jmorrell Wrote: Rumour has it that there is a version 3 beta floating around for windows? Is anyone able to confirm this. 

No matter which version I use with windows 10 i get BSOD's using Foobar2000 - Irrespective of streaming service used.

If version 3 doesn't stop the crashing i'm going to format and put windows 7 back on.

See post 30 of this topic.

Be sure to sign the petition as well here: http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=3180
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(27-Jun-2016, 17:00)jmorrell Wrote: Rumour has it that there is a version 3 beta floating around for windows? Is anyone able to confirm this. 

No matter which version I use with windows 10 i get BSOD's using Foobar2000 - Irrespective of streaming service used.

If version 3 doesn't stop the crashing i'm going to format and put windows 7 back on.

Rumours everywhere......   I have heard that a public beta version of Windows AIR 3 might be appearing in July 2016.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(27-Jun-2016, 17:11)Confused Wrote:

Rumours everywhere......   I have heard that a public beta version of Windows AIR 3 might be appearing in July 2016.

I have been told by Devialet that AIR 3 beta for Windows will appear in late July. If not July then August.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
or September .....
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(27-Jun-2016, 17:26)Confused Wrote: or September .....

They didn't mention which year, so they are good to continue at their current snails pace.
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

Anybody heared something new on ETA for a working WIN AIR 3 (Beta) version -

tried to follow up with Devialet Support on this without any substancial response / ETA information

Thanks
(14-Jul-2016, 13:34)hahe Wrote: Anybody heared something new on ETA for a working WIN AIR 3 (Beta) version -

tried to follow up with Devialet Support on this without any substancial response / ETA information

Thanks

from Confused's post ( http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?t...4#pid44874 )

AIR..... Yes, I discussed AIR. This was a remarkably straight forward conversation as it happens. Apparently there are some issues with Windows AIR, the issues relate to undocumented aspects of the Windows operating system, a new version of Windows AIR is coming soon. How soon? July 2016, apparently, so there you have it folks! It really is coming soon. (so I was told)
Devialet Expert 200 (FW 7.1.3) / Magnepan 1.7i / Rel T5 / Foobar (WASAPI event 24bit) / AIR 3.0.1 public beta (best Air 3.x.x SQ by far)
(14-Jul-2016, 13:49)Cylob Wrote: Apparently there are some issues with Windows AIR, the issues relate to undocumented aspects of the Windows operating system, a new version of Windows AIR is coming soon. How soon? July 2016, apparently, so there you have it folks! It really is coming soon. (so I was told)[/i][/color]

BS excuse from Devialet aside, at least they've set an example by making sure there are no undocumented aspects of the Devialet, it's firmware, it's configurations, or it's operational procedures, so that no-one gets caught out in the same way Wink

Anyone want to take money on whether it materialises within 14 days or not?

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(14-Jul-2016, 13:34)hahe Wrote: Anybody heared something new on ETA for a working WIN AIR 3 (Beta) version -

Thanks

Yes I had confirmation from Devialet UK that the windows version would be available late July/August. I posted this a while back.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(14-Jul-2016, 14:38)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(14-Jul-2016, 13:49)Cylob Wrote: Apparently there are some issues with Windows AIR, the issues relate to undocumented aspects of the Windows operating system, a new version of Windows AIR is coming soon. How soon? July 2016, apparently, so there you have it folks! It really is coming soon. (so I was told)[/i][/color]

BS excuse from Devialet aside, at least they've set an example by making sure there are no undocumented aspects of the Devialet, it's firmware, it's configurations, or it's operational procedures, so that no-one gets caught out in the same way Wink

Anyone want to take money on whether it materialises within 14 days or not?

I'm interested in a bet!  Shy   What odds are you offering??  Confused