Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet AIR GUI options
Maybe a stupid question.....
What does the "Never Stream Automatically to it" or "Stream to it only if not already streaming" or "Always stream to it automatically" actually do?

I'm confused!
(17-Sep-2014, 21:30)Confused Wrote: Maybe a stupid question.....
What does the "Never Stream Automatically to it" or "Stream to it only if not already streaming" or "Always stream to it automatically" actually do?

I'm confused!

Yup that totally got me too!

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Guillaume - Excellent! I thought it was just me! I feel better now, although I bet some clever soul knows the answer. (assuming that I'll understand the answer)
(17-Sep-2014, 21:52)Confused Wrote: Guillaume - Excellent! I thought it was just me! I feel better now, although I bet some clever soul knows the answer. (assuming that I'll understand the answer)

Rufus and I spoke about it! We were confused too!

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
It may have to do with the following scenario: suppose you use the computer for something else aside from listening to music. The Dev's off. You've been surfing around, playing, whatever, but all the time using the built-in speakers, or even other speakers but not through the Dev. If you turn it on, and this setting is on "Always stream automatically", as soon as everything connects with everything else you'll start hearing your Minecraft session or (more probably) your error messages in full, hi-fi stereo through your Dev.

That's a fast take at what it may mean, though, I'm probably wrong...

Cheers!

L
https://help.devialet.com/entries/240079...t-up-AIR-2

---
Finally, you can set the Autoswitch function as follows:

Never Stream Automatically to it
When the D-Premier is switched-on while the computer and the AIR application are already running, nothing happens.

Stream to it only if not already streaming
When the Devialet appears on the network (just turned-on) and the computer and the AIR application are already running, the Devialet is selected as sound-card automatically when the WiFi or the Ethernet inputs are selected.

Always stream to it automatically
When the Devialet appears on the network (just turned-on) and the computer and the AIR application are already running, the Devialet is selected as sound-card automatically whatever input is chosen on the Devialet.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
Genius! At least that's one issue solved. Thanks for the input Antoine.
Antonie, thanks for this. This is great. It was my problem that AIR app goes sleep after shutting down the Devialet and needs to be restarted. As I use a headless Mac Mini, I had to click an AIR icon of Mac Mini using screen sharing from Macbook Pro. This is not a big task but I always wanted to avoid this. Now with the "Always stream to it automatically" option, I don't have to click the AIR icon.
Mac Mini Late 2012(Amarra Symphony/Audirvana)/DELA N1A Mk1 - [AIR Ethernet] -  Devialet 800 (Power Cable - AET HIN AC EVD) - [Speaker Cable - Nanotec Systems SP♯79MK2] - Wilson Audio Sasha
You're welcome guys! Smile

And I forgot to mention there is a little bug in the AIR software for Windows that doesn't save your selected setting between reboots. Luckily the workaround is easy, you'll have to close the application once manually. Don't minimize it, but really close it using the right mouse button on the AIR icon in the taskbar. I'm not sure if this bug is present in the Mac client as well.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
Antonie - I have no issue with Mac AIR app. However, I notice there is a major setback compared to the previous version. The previous version of AIR app shows the playing track with sampling/bit rates but not with the current version.
Mac Mini Late 2012(Amarra Symphony/Audirvana)/DELA N1A Mk1 - [AIR Ethernet] -  Devialet 800 (Power Cable - AET HIN AC EVD) - [Speaker Cable - Nanotec Systems SP♯79MK2] - Wilson Audio Sasha