Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
History of past HW upgrades?
Does anybody have a history of past HW upgrades? What features are generally being added?
I'm trying to figure out what might be special about this one (or not) -should there hypothetically be one.
IIRC the only hardware updates were a streamer board for the D-Premier and an option to convert a D-Premier to a (then) D240.
Devialet 200 <> Bowers & Wilkins 805 Diamond <> Aurender N100 <> Clearaudio Concept MC <> Audioquest Rocket 44/Coffee USB

The Netherlands
(26-May-2016, 07:05)Eddye Wrote: IIRC the only hardware updates were a streamer board for the D-Premier and an option to convert a D-Premier to a (then) D240.

That was a few years back, wasn't it ?
In terms of actual upgrades as opposed to new product launches, that could be it. Power inlet filters were changed on the current range at some point due to them making burning smells and degrading, oh and I think early remote controls in the 110/170 were prone to developing faults and had some changes, but I suppose they're just a parts change to fix an ongoing fault.
(26-May-2016, 07:35)arcam Wrote:
(26-May-2016, 07:05)Eddye Wrote: IIRC the only hardware updates were a streamer board for the D-Premier and an option to convert a D-Premier to a (then) D240.

That was a few years back, wasn't it ?

The upgrade to the 240 was 3 years ago, when the new 110, 170 and 240 came to market. The streamer board was a few years before that.
Devialet 200 <> Bowers & Wilkins 805 Diamond <> Aurender N100 <> Clearaudio Concept MC <> Audioquest Rocket 44/Coffee USB

The Netherlands
(26-May-2016, 08:33)Eddye Wrote: The upgrade to the 240 was 3 years ago, when the new 110, 170 and 240 came to market. The streamer board was a few years before that.

So it would look like a HW upgrade is happening about every 3 years, which seems reasonnable; and it might not be unrealistic to think that one might be on its way? Previous upgrades seem to have been relatively minor re. SQ (fire prevention is of course a major upgrade, but with little effect on SQ). The interesting question is what comes next?

Anybody out there with opened ears and lips not sealed?
(26-May-2016, 12:40)arcam Wrote:
(26-May-2016, 08:33)Eddye Wrote: The upgrade to the 240 was 3 years ago, when the new 110, 170 and 240 came to market. The streamer board was a few years before that.

So it would look like a HW upgrade is happening about every 3 years, which seems reasonnable; and it might not be unrealistic to think that one might be on its way? Previous upgrades seem to have been relatively minor re. SQ (fire prevention is of course a major upgrade, but with little effect on SQ). The interesting question is what comes next?

Anybody out there with opened ears and lips not sealed?
That is not a conclusion I would draw...

The Netherlands
Arcam, the answers to your questions lie within..... http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=2980 Wink

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(26-May-2016, 13:22)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Arcam, the answers to your questions lie within..... http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=2980 Wink

Hifi_swlon, I don't recall the thread talking about SQ of the upgrade, albeit a brief mention of 'something closer to Od'A'.

Did I miss something?
(26-May-2016, 20:25)arcam Wrote:
(26-May-2016, 13:22)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Arcam, the answers to your questions lie within..... http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=2980 Wink

Hifi_swlon, I don't recall the thread talking about SQ of the upgrade, albeit a brief mention of 'something closer to Od'A'.

Did I miss something?

No, it was a bit of a joke. You actually asked several questions. The answer is - that thread is best guess everyone has - i.e. No one knows.... Wink

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<