Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
History of past HW upgrades?
(26-May-2016, 21:20)Hifi_swlon Wrote: No one knows.... Wink

Some do know, don't they?  Wink

Any hypothetical listerners out there who's hypothetically over enthusiast about the hypothetical new SQ? Yea or nay, percentile, dB scale, etc. all welcome.
The key is for Devialet to have value to deliver I guess.

Btw the D-Premier and the D250, the key eco-system change was IMHO the rise of USB as the de facto standard streaming connectivity between source and dac, so it was very obvious that Devialet had to do something and replace HDMI by USB was mandatory.

Now I am not that clear what they could do on top of a D250:
- The sound quality is already arguably the best available at any price,
- The only major issue is Air, but will people really want to pay to get it to work,
- Additional functions could include an embedded streamer as rumored, but the big question mark for me is the UX in terms of streamer control through connected/mobile devices.

Cheers,
Bernard
Room: Gik Acoustics | Vibration: Townshend pods | Power: Shunyata Omega XC + Everest + Sigma NR v2 + Sigma ground cables | Source: Mojo Audio DejaVu EVO linux server running Roon core (Raat) | Ethernet: Sonore Optical module + Melco S10P with dedicated LPS + Shunyata Omega Ethernet x 2| Synchronous: Mutec MC-3 + USB (Paul Hynes SR7T LPS) + Cybershaft OP21A (Shunyata Omega USB, AES/EBU, clock cables) | Dac/Pre/Amplification: Devialet D1000 Pro CI (Chord Sarum T RCA-RCA link) | Speakers: Chord Sarum T cables + Wilson Benesch Act One Evolution P1
(27-May-2016, 07:43)arcam Wrote:
(26-May-2016, 21:20)Hifi_swlon Wrote: No one knows.... Wink

Some do know, don't they?  Wink

Any hypothetical listerners out there who's hypothetically over enthusiast about the hypothetical new SQ? Yea or nay, percentile, dB scale, etc. all welcome.

Well, they say they do, or they say the person that told them said they did, but.... lets be honest they're all telling porkies or they're all big scaredy cats otherwise they would have blabbed already.... Big Grin Big Grin

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Since I have pretty well given up on streaming solutions as adequate for a domestic system, ie it is not convenient enough and my wife will certainly never use it, I don't imagine any improvements to the SQ of my O d'A are likely for CD, LP.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire