Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Comparison between Wilson Benesch Vector / Sonus Faber Olympica II / Kef Reference 3
Congratulations on your new speakers. I've heard them a couple of times (with Devialet) and loved them. I'm sure they'll give pleasure for many years.

Sonos Connect (W4S) > DSpeaker Antimode 2.0 > Sanders Magtech > Martin Logan Montis
Sonos Connect (W4S) > Devialet 200 > Vivid V1.5
Silver Phantoms (just the two)
London
(30-Jun-2016, 00:30)Jwg1749 Wrote: Congratulations on your new speakers. I've heard them a couple of times (with Devialet) and loved them. I'm sure they'll give pleasure for many years.

I am sure of that, thank you!
Devialet 250 Expert Pro / Nordost Valhalla Bi-Wire / Sonus Faber Olympica II
Anthem MRX 710 / B&W MT-60D
Paul Hynes SR7/T LPS / Intel Core i7 NUC-Plato X7D with Roon Lifetime / Melco S100 Switch with 2 x Ansuz Ethernet A2
Dr. Feickert Woodpecker II with Inertia Platter / Dr. Feickert Linear / Jelco TK-850L Arm / Shelter 501 III Cartridge

Power: AQ Niagara 3000 with AQ Tornado to Furutech wall outlet <-> Doepke DFS 2 F Audio Fuse Box and 3 x AQ Blizzard to Components
Well i have been running in the SF's for 24x7 now since more then a week using the brown noise generator (which sounds exactly like the white noise problem of Air, coincidence?) when i am working and sleeping.
After today i will sit and listen what is has done to the sound!

Are there people out there who have already experimented with other components and cables around their Devialet and SF Olympica's and found good or even sublime matches there?
Paul Hynes SR7/T LPS / Intel Core i7 NUC-Plato X7D with Roon Lifetime / Melco S100 Switch with 2 x Ansuz Ethernet A2
Dr. Feickert Woodpecker II with Inertia Platter / Dr. Feickert Linear / Jelco TK-850L Arm / Shelter 501 III Cartridge

Power: AQ Niagara 3000 with AQ Tornado to Furutech wall outlet <-> Doepke DFS 2 F Audio Fuse Box and 3 x AQ Blizzard to Components
(06-Jul-2016, 16:04)Bartype Wrote: Well i have been running in the SF's for 24x7 now since more then a week using the brown noise generator (which sounds exactly like the white noise problem of Air, coincidence?) when i am working and sleeping.

Are there people out there who have already experimented with other components and cables around their Devialet and SF Olympica's and found good or even sublime matches there?

Hi Bartype,

How are the Olympicas coming along?

I would say the Aurender is very worthwhile, providing delicate/rich sound but with noticeable slam and attack. And the Totaldac USB cable does help a bit and improves the sound making it more organic and natural.
Aurender X100 >> Totaldac USB cable >> D200 >> SF Olympica II

Italy
(08-Jul-2016, 22:12)MusicLover Wrote:
(06-Jul-2016, 16:04)Bartype Wrote: Well i have been running in the SF's for 24x7 now since more then a week using the brown noise generator (which sounds exactly like the white noise problem of Air, coincidence?) when i am working and sleeping.

Hi Bartype,

How are the Olympicas coming along?

I would say the Aurender is very worthwhile, providing delicate/rich sound but with noticeable slam and attack. And the Totaldac USB cable does help a bit and improves the sound making it more organic and natural.

Thank you for your reply. The SF's sounds fantastic! I have to say, in comparison with my previous speakers the SF's reacts relatively much on small replacements of even a few centimeters. I am still looking for the best position, where standing waves which still occurs in some music (mainly ambient), is brought back to an acceptable amount. I'll probably try some bass traps for this to see if these do really something.
Apart from the ambient, most music sounds great and classic even magnificent!

Considering the Aurender, it seems Devialet is coming whit their own build in option for a media player. For now i think i'll wait to see (and propably hear) if it's something to consider...

Nice thread!. Has anyone compared the Olympica II's and II's ?. It's not a huge difference in price, and was wondering if the bass extension and 'weight' is a big step up in the III's ?