Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Phantom coming!!
Sorry guys... have been busy and forgot to revisit my original post. 

I do have a few more details...

They are using titanium for the tweeters. It's supposed to improve sound quality materially.

Price point is likely going to be around $2,700.
oh.... and same general size as current unit.
Titanium tweeters..
Mountain guy, how does that sound to you?
Qobuz/Sonos/D200/GT1 SE (offered to my father, who enjoys it every day)
2 Phantom Reactor 600 and Spotify Premium
(06-Jun-2016, 21:24)dkoretz Wrote: Sorry guys... have been busy and forgot to revisit my original post. 

They are using titanium for the tweeters. It's supposed to improve sound quality materially.

Shame!  A massive Phantom with uprated mid & tweeter would be excellent, preferably in stealth mat black.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(06-Jun-2016, 22:06)Confused Wrote:
(06-Jun-2016, 21:24)dkoretz Wrote: Sorry guys... have been busy and forgot to revisit my original post. 

Shame!  A massive Phantom with uprated mid & tweeter would be excellent, preferably in stealth mat black.
+1. Thats what i said  Rolleyes   I want a Matt black one too
Synology DS215 NAS (2x WD RED 1Tb) > Virgin Superhub 3 > HP Pavilion X360 laptop > Phantom Reactor 600 > JRiver MC25 > JRemote > A&K AK70mkii DAP > Supra Cat8 Ethernet cable > Sony WH-1000XM4 > jar of cream v2
Confused ' Wrote: Shame!  A massive Phantom with uprated mid & tweeter would be excellent, preferably in stealth mat black.

They exist, they are called Kef Blades .
Roon, Rega P9 + Dynavector XX2Mk2 > 440 Pro > Sonus Faber Guarneri Evolution
(06-Jun-2016, 22:04)Teliaved Wrote: Titanium tweeters..
Mountain guy,  how does that sound to you?

Titanium tweeters?  Sounds great - lighter than the current material and should have faster transients. Berrylium would have been even better but those are $$$ addition so my guess is that titanium is a higher return for the dollar.  My guess is that it will indeed be more highly resolved.   Fantastic. Too bad that I'm pretty sure that we can't upgrade our current units...
Any other changes except for power and titanium tweeters? Improvement on the midrange ring?
So why more peak power? so they will go louder about 1-2db? What for? Why not just a black edition? Or proper software.
More Watts does not necessarily mean more peak loudness. It helps also to produce steeper amplitudes, so for the new 5.1 usecase, gunshots will be better reproduced. Smile

Cheers,

Krisp