Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MAX clearing demo stock - new expert models coming?
Just saw on HiFi Wigwam that Midland Audio Exchange are clearing all their demo expert models.

Does this suggest that new hardware is imminent?
Roon/RAAT - Dev 250 Pro - AQ Castle Rock - SF Olympica ii
I don´t believe in "imminent", but...

http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=3032
Or Devialet are changing their dealers again. Or MAX are dropping Devialet.

But probably what you said.
Roon, Rega P9 + Dynavector XX2Mk2 > 440 Pro > Sonus Faber Guarneri Evolution
I agree.
The Max ad clearly says
'we have an opportunity of selling our demo units for new units'

I presume the new units will incorporate some new hardware thereby rendering the demo units last years model.
LP12se, CD3t, Le 400, MF7
Bucks/Herts Border
It's also possible they may just be replacing the demo units like-for-like. Some dealers do routinely rotate their demo units like this.

Sonos Connect (W4S) > DSpeaker Antimode 2.0 > Sanders Magtech > Martin Logan Montis
Sonos Connect (W4S) > Devialet 200 > Vivid V1.5
Silver Phantoms (just the two)
London
Lots of rumours on this forum regarding Expert series upgrades, some rumours regarding new Expert models, many rumours here:

http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=2980

The only 'fact' I can think of posting is that I have seen an advert stating that the very generous trade in deal offered by Devialet now ends August 31st.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
My experience is that when something new and improved comes along, it's usually higher priced so that the old stock will still sell at a discounted price. So I don't read anything into this.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Have seen now 2 dealers in NL putting 200's on sale - marked down to €5200 due to 'planned upgrade in models'
(08-Jun-2016, 18:27)Seanster Wrote: Have seen now 2 dealers in NL putting 200's on sale - marked down to €5200 due to 'planned upgrade in models'

Wondering who the dealers are, can you share a name? If you meant the ad from Marktplaats' I do not think that's a dealer...
(08-Jun-2016, 22:32)Xander Wrote:
(08-Jun-2016, 18:27)Seanster Wrote: Have seen now 2 dealers in NL putting 200's on sale - marked down to €5200 due to 'planned upgrade in models'

Wondering who the dealers are, can you share a name? If you meant the ad from Marktplaats' I do not think that's a dealer...

The Markplaats ad was one of them, perhaps your right.  Second one has now disappeared, either sold or maybe was an error?  Asked my dealer about this and he quoted me the existing 15% discount for trade in (but I wouldnt have to actually give him my amp).