Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet 200 questions
I had a similar problem, also with an HP machine. There was some talk that AIR 2.1.1 had been slightly updated, and that to re-load the "new" version the old AIR files needed to be manually removed. I did this, tried to reload AIR, and got the dreaded error code 2, AIR no longer worked, basically messing up a system that was up to that point working fine. (Much bad language, and calling myself stupid etc.)

The only way I could resolve was to recover the system by setting it back one day. Obviouly this is a different case, in that I had AIR working fine previously, however, it does at least suggest that the deletion of one file can cause this issue. I don't know which file specifically causes the issue, but it was one in the AIR sub folder on C:drive.
Firstly thank you to all those who replied with very useful advice.

I have installed CCleaner on my laptop and run the cleaner and the registry cleaner.

I checked that the original install of AIR had been fully uninstalled, I found that the driver was still listed in the Windows device manager so I removed it.

I was advised by Devialet that I should disable any anti virus software before installing AIR, they say that some anti virus software can block proper installation. I have McAfee anti virus Enterprise V8.8 on my laptop, I checked in the deep defender console and there were two files quarantined in there as PUP's (potential unwanted programs), both these files were associated with the AIR software. I deleted both of the files from quarantine.

I disabled both the McAfee anti virus and the Malwarebytes protection and tried to re-install AIR, but I still get the same Error code 2 alarm.

I don't have the choice of doing a clean install of Windows 7 on my laptop as it's a corporate managed laptop. At this point I see no other way but to admit defeat. The only way I can see I could use AIR, if I decide to by a Devialet, is to buy a new laptop just for the Devialet AIR.
Roon Rock, Devialet 220 pro CI, Palmer 2.5 Turntable, AT OC9MLii, Classic Audio MC Pro Phono and Harbeth SHL5 Plus
Do you have a restore point in Windows set before you used AIR for the first time?
Pink Triangle Anniversary/SME IV/Hana Blue; Intel NUC + Roon ROCK; Devialet 440 Pro CI; Kudos Titan 707 using AXD; Kudos, Chord, Audioquest cables
Dublin, Ireland
If it's a corporate-managed laptop, do you know if you actually have full local administrator rights to it?
(25-Sep-2014, 17:39)Rufus McDufus Wrote: If it's a corporate-managed laptop, do you know if you actually have full local administrator rights to it?
Yes full administration rights.

(25-Sep-2014, 17:30)Neffa Wrote: Do you have a restore point in Windows set before you used AIR for the first time?

No I don't think so.
Roon Rock, Devialet 220 pro CI, Palmer 2.5 Turntable, AT OC9MLii, Classic Audio MC Pro Phono and Harbeth SHL5 Plus
just bought a 200 to power a pair of Wilson Duettes
Great scb !

Duettes really rock ! I have one pair too ! Wink